Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf Attack

Re: Wolf Attack

You tell a good Story Rockdoctor sounds like a lot of excitment, glad to hear no one besides the wolfs were hurt. I guess it will be only one rug. Thanks for sharing

I think my wife just told me about this bieng on the news if it wasn't you it's a crazy coincidence. I hope your family and dog are doing ok. Tough mutt .

Wow glad it worked out well and you got the *******s. The next people might have not been so lucky. Your dog, I assume you'll take him to the vet for shots ? Any pics of him? Damn tough dog to hold his own on two animals that make a living killing every day.
    That first one looks old, how were his teeth?
    Second one looks healthy though. Unreal.
    Mother nature at its worst.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

We have been having a very similar situation here in Prince Rupert. The wolves have been eating dogs off their leashes, following children to school and helping to control the feral cat population. Here's the kicker, the CO's don't think that there is a problem. Since moving to Rupert in June I have seen upwards of 20 wolves, most of which have been wandering the streets of town. Unlike the 2 you got our wolves look very healthy and they definitely aren't afraid of humans.

I'm glad to hear that you managed to put a stop to 2 wolves. Well done to Shadow too.
    It takes all kinds to make the world go round

Wild Story!! Glad to hear everything turned out OK. A nice rug will make a great conservation piece

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

Glad it all worked out and everybody is safe.Good doggy.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Glad everyone is ok..congrats on the moose killers..

Probably save a few dozen..lol

Cheers and merry x-mas to you and your family and your dog

LB
    But What do I know LB

Very harsh story! I don't think you'll forget that one anytime soon!

Nailgunslinger;
    I think my wife just told me about this bieng on the news if it wasn't you it's a crazy coincidence. I hope your family and dog are doing ok. Tough mutt .
    The dog is doing fine, as a matter of fact, we can't find any holes in him, he is just a little tender here and there.
    Must be a coincidence, you guys here are the first to hear my story.

BlacktailStalker;
    Wow glad it worked out well and you got the *******s. The next people might have not been so lucky. Your dog, I assume you'll take him to the vet for shots ? Any pics of him? Damn tough dog to hold his own on two animals that make a living killing every day.
    That first one looks old, how were his teeth?
    Second one looks healthy though. Unreal.
    Yes, Shadow will be checked out as soon as possible.......The closest Vet is about 500kms away.
    Pics of the "Hero of the day" are coming, I don't have any handy. Hopefully this evening.
    Actually the first wolf is a young female, teeth look like new, but she was very skinny. The second was a male, also fairly young, if the teeth are any indication, but he was not near as skinny as the first one. I assume that he was stealing food from the female.

Neither of these wolves are what I would consider to be big, that is also part of the reason why I think they are on the young side. There heads are not much bigger than Shadow's.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

Great story, thanks for sharing it with us. I am very happy to hear that all went well for kids, parents and loyal Shadow. I agree with the person who said the story should be told. I really believe more people south of the 50th parallel need to hear these stories and get a reality check. These animals have adapted to humans as have bears and are becoming more and more bold.

Here on Vancouver Island we had an incident several years ago right here just outside Duncan. Our neighbor's fiance was walking through the bush from the power lines to home, and was surrounded by 3 wolves that snapped, growled, and circled her, she yelled and threw rocks and sticks and they backed off. We were away hunting and returned to this story and then the same wolves ran 60 of our Holstein heifers through the fence. Long story short - John set traps down at the cow compost pile and the lead female got caught and I shot her. This past spring he trapped another one just behind the barns. Third wolf he trapped on the farm in four years and we live about 7 minutes south of Duncan.