Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2024 Spring Bear - General Thread

Re: 2024 Spring Bear - General Thread

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Nice! Well done!! Would love to hear the story. Much of a pack out? Sounds like he was well fed before hibernation plus the mild winter. Congrats!
    Saturday afternoon I took my son to look for bears. Drove the quad to many spots but did not see anything ; couple of scats here and there. Sunday morning we went on a boat to set a crab trap and fish for flounders . Around noon or so I spotted that bear at the shore feeding on grass; watched him for a long while...looked very nice did not mind me calling at him and whistling etc ...gave me confidence its a mature boar. I went back to the cabin and informed my neighbour (new hunter) who wanted to get a bear. She packed up with her husband and went on a dinghy to the shore. After not very long snicking around we found him and she go to around 60 yards...He was still munching around in the same vicinity. First shot went little high - took his spine out and his back legs were paralyzed ...he kept puling himself into the forest - second, she put right in his neck - and that was over. She was tickled pink! That was her first big game animal. Bear had thick beautiful coat / no rubs . Meat with plenty of fat. Pack out was a breeze-close to shore...by 10 pm all meat and bones were in the coolers.

How do you get the pictures on the page?
    Last edited by nuadixion; 04-26-2024 at 03:29 PM.