Thread: Thrown in the towel on southern Vancouver island

Thrown in the towel on southern Vancouver island

They’ve systematically ruined the once thriving fishery I used to enjoy at least once a month..if it weren’t for the American hatcheries we’d have nothing.The sport fleet should be as far as you can see off sooke,but just look at the empty ramp parking lots and the empty marinas…
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 04-20-2024 at 07:39 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Thrown in the towel on southern Vancouver island

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    They’ve systematically ruined the once thriving fishery I used to enjoy at least once a month..if it weren’t for the American hatcheries we’d have nothing.The sport fleet should be as far as you can see off sooke,but just look at the empty ramp parking lots and the empty marinas…

Just the tip of the Ice Berg . Edy and his Band of NDPer's along with DFO will be handing control all over to FN's
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Re: Thrown in the towel on southern Vancouver island

Great fishing off Southern Vancouver Island. Yeah the June-July no keep rules suck, but to be honest, I feel pretty spoiled. Catch more chinook now than I did as a kid 40 years ago, granted, not much hope of anything over 30lbs. 10 chinook and 10 halibut per license is lots. Plus all the lingcod, rockfish and shelled creatures.