Thread: Turkey Hunting Region 4

Turkey Hunting Region 4

Hey all,

Long time hunter, but first time turkey hunter here. My wife had family in Creston. So I’m going down there at the end of April for a visit and have decided to stay a couple extra days to try my hand at getting a turkey. I’ve already spoken with a couple local landowners and got some permission to hunt, but I don’t like how close everything is to neighbouring houses in the valley.

I’m not looking for any local secrets, but does anyone know of any larger landowners that allow hunting or any good spots to start on crown? I’m inclined to start on the west side of the valley as it seems less inhabited. With the second option being to go north of town up towards Sirdar and the lakes; but I’m not overly familiar with specific roads or trail systems that would be a good starting place.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Turkey Hunting Region 4

Sent you a pm , I’ll be in home in the valley from the 19-27 .
    let me know how you do.
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Thanks sparkes! I think I will be there the 25th-30th the way its looking. I will make sure to update you once I'm in the area. Thanks.

I’ll be around there in the woods somewhere.
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Hi Dhusky -

First season for turkeys as well in Region 4 so I don't have anything useful for you - Hopefully someone here will chime in with something productive.

Do take some pictures and share / tell us how it goes

Turkey hunting is a lot of fun. I moved to northern Alberta so no more turkey hunting for me. When I lived in Cranbrook, I didnt have to go all the way to Creston to hunt turkeys but dod do lots of driving for work and play. Seen turkeys on crown at the start of the Salmo Creston going up the mountain and often in kitchener, and yhak too. I am sure they are all around the entire area just not too familiar with it. I don’t know if they are as plentiful as when I moved away in 2013 as they started the spring and fall season and iirc one could be female? Some of the turkeys were 1/2 way up the mountain in behind the farm land, but don’t overthink it either, if you got permission on private even if the neighbours farm is close you may get it done the day you show up, the turkeys know where they can hang out safely. Lots of fun, and Creston is a beautiful valley, you could probably go spring bear hunting too if you have time. Happy hunting
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!