Thread: Goat River

Goat River

Anyone hunt Goat River FSR for elk? North of McBride

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Goat River

You might find a pair of Vortex 10x42 Talon binos up there. Went early August once for a look pooh. Vegetation was thick and lost my binos.

I'm not saying don't go, just I haven't had any luck on my one trip I went on.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    You might find a pair of Vortex 10x42 Talon binos up there. Went early August once for a look pooh. Vegetation was thick and lost my binos.

I'm not saying don't go, just I haven't had any luck on my one trip I went on.
    hmm, on the miracle chance I find them I will let you know,,think Ill do a scout in June

I did the Holmes river goat hunt one year.
    It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".

The goat/milk has had a lot of logging activity this passed winter and will probably continue this summer, the road has been brushed but that is about it. Have fun and watch out for G bears if you head up there this spring/summer

Quote Originally Posted by Luckybrand View Post
    The goat/milk has had a lot of logging activity this passed winter and will probably continue this summer, the road has been brushed but that is about it. Have fun and watch out for G bears if you head up there this spring/summer
    Thank you,,gotta watch for Gbears everywhere now,,nothing less than a 338 in my hand these days