Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feral people

Re: Feral people

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Money is the biggest reason they don't do anything about it. Too expensive to put them into forced treatment, it's cheaper to give them free drugs till they die. Maybe they just need to give them a dose to end it all?
    That's very Woke.

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Jamison fsr in kamloops is a new subdivision..some camps at least two years occupied. I remember forestry burning cabins on public land..So what changed?
    That guy with the trailer and tents has been there by the bridge for at least 3 years. Always waving and friendly looking when you drive by though.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
    That guy with the trailer and tents has been there by the bridge for at least 3 years. Always waving and friendly looking when you drive by though.
    Tidy camp too
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

If I were homeless and had nowhere else to go I'd be out on a logging road long before I'd be in one of these city-squatting setups or at a highway rest area.

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Jamison fsr in kamloops is a new subdivision..some camps at least two years occupied. I remember forestry burning cabins on public land..So what changed?
    Oh don't worry, they still burn cabins when they find them.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

The Okanagan Forest Task Force is a local group of volunteers that spend their extra time cleaning up the trash left after these camps are abandoned
    They know well where the activity is but hands are tied to do anything while camps are occupied
    It seems the spaces they clean are repopulated pretty quick
    The timber supervisor at Balcean has her hands full each spring with new 'squatters' on their leases
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

A Universal basic income would help the hopeful out IF they could find affordable accommodations. We used to call it welfare but it works the same.

Instead of stealing more money from tax payers….maybe they should get off the drugs and get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Instead of stealing more money from tax payers….maybe they should get off the drugs and get a job.
    The problem is once they are heavy into the drugs changes occur in the brain and they no longer have to ability to make rational decisions. So the idea while sound just won't work, they need to be forcefully put into treatment, let them yell and scream all they want, and once they are clean for a fairly long period of time you could release them to see if they can maintain sobriety. If the fall off the wagon, send them back into treatment immediately before they sink real deep in again.

You must realize nobody hires drug addicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    Oh don't worry, they still burn cabins when they find them.
    I know of rufly of a 100 cabins, over half I'm sure are unregistered. I've only seen one burned but don't know if a accident or on purpose.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.