Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Regulation Proposals

Hunting Regulation Proposals

9 days left to provide your feedback...

https://bcwf.bc.ca/engage-now-on-hun...for-2024-2026/

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Regulation Proposals

Thanks for the link! I went in and supported all the “good” proposals.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Thanks for the link! I went in and supported all the “good” proposals.
    While I am glad that you have gone and supported the ones you like, I think it should be noted that it is equally or more important to oppose many of the others which are proposing to restrict a vast area of BC for licensed residents for more than one species
    Only shoot small bulls near the road

Thanks for posting.... I previously posted only on hunting seasons that I have experience with.. but was able to educate myself on a few others as Joe6pack suggested and provide some feedback..

From the WSSBC:

"Recently, the Province of British Columbia released their proposed 2024-2026 Hunting and Trapping Regulations on the Angling, Hunting, and Trapping Engagement (AHTE) website. This presents an opportunity for you to comment on the proposed changes, and we strongly encourage you to do so. The Society has provided a brief explainer on a few of these proposals for your consideration, which can be viewed at: http://www.wildsheepsociety.com/prop...g-regulations/

After reviewing these changes, the Society has expressed concerns about several of the proposals. Overall, there are numerous recommendations intended to reduce hunter density on the landscape, despite lacking evidence that it will benefit wildlife. This concern was noted and referenced in several proposals, as it lacks the scientific data to support it. In some instances, the government states that they lack adequate data and are moving to a Limited Entry Hunt as a management strategy. The Society believes there is insufficient rationale for many of these decisions and a lack of ingenuity to find solutions that may preclude Limited Entry Hunting and have greater benefits for the identified issues.

We urge you to review the proposals and participate in the engagement process on the following site: www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/ahte/hunting-trapping. Your feedback will be a factor in the decision-making process regarding these proposals. The deadline for comments is March 22, 2024, so please be sure to comment in a timely manner. We cannot emphasize enough the importance of submitting your comments."

So I heard rumours moose in all region 6 would be going LEH..looks like the proposal is for the truck/quad accesible areas and the lakes they access east of Atlin....for now.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

If NDP get in… kiss all the GOS goodbye soon enough, the land will be given to First Nations to govern
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    So I heard rumours moose in all region 6 would be going LEH..looks like the proposal is for the truck/quad accesible areas and the lakes they access east of Atlin....for now.
    Proves out how LEH is purely a people handling mechanism and has nothing to do with wildlife
    Any sane manager realizes the horn/antler/sex restrictions already take care of the harvest numbers, anything liek Limited Entry is just to manage the social concerns of those opposed to having too many people on the landscape, nothing more
    Hunters better speak up and also quit throwing each other under the bus
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Reminder from the BCWF:

You are about to lose your only opportunity to affect change on the new Hunting and Trapping Regulation Proposals, under which fewer and fewer resident hunters will be permitted on the land for fewer and fewer days.

The government is not hearing nearly enough from hunters. Your engagement on each of these proposals is critical. Once lost, you may never get these opportunities back.

The consultation ends Friday at 4:30 pm. Your access to wild game is at risk if you do not act now. Learn more at https://bcwf.bc.ca/engage-now-on-hun...for-2024-2026/

Thanks for the link Hunting Family !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Reminder from the BCWF:

You are about to lose your only opportunity to affect change on the new Hunting and Trapping Regulation Proposals, under which fewer and fewer resident hunters will be permitted on the land for fewer and fewer days.

The government is not hearing nearly enough from hunters. Your engagement on each of these proposals is critical. Once lost, you may never get these opportunities back.

The consultation ends Friday at 4:30 pm. Your access to wild game is at risk if you do not act now. Learn more at https://bcwf.bc.ca/engage-now-on-hun...for-2024-2026/
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !