Thread: Slow cooker and Meat grinder recommendations

Slow cooker and Meat grinder recommendations

Whats some good slow cookers that aint made in china?

For Meat grinder lookin for a high quality one, needs to have manual operation (which i'm sure will be cheaper) if it also has automated in addition to manual thats fine but got to have manual operation for sure. It'll be my first one and want to make a good investment with it

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Slow cooker and Meat grinder recommendations

Why do you seek a manual grinder? Just curious not being a hbc snob. Maybe there something I’m missing. I know the Weston and cabelas pro grade 1Hp chew through the meat. I still take my moose and elk to the butcher due to warm temps and lack of cold storage to hang. But I’ve been using the .5HP cabelas for my November deer

As for meat grinders, you want to check out Stuffers in Vancouver. They are very good and have good equipment. I believe cabelas sells go stuff to from what I have heard. As for a slow cooker either your oven or possibly a quisinart slow cooker. I have had a quisinart for years and it has been very good. I know it is probably made in china like most things these days, but you might find it difficult to find a slow cooker made elsewhere. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Why do you seek a manual grinder? Just curious not being a hbc snob. Maybe there something I’m missing. I know the Weston and cabelas pro grade 1Hp chew through the meat. I still take my moose and elk to the butcher due to warm temps and lack of cold storage to hang. But I’ve been using the .5HP cabelas for my November deer
    Haven't looked into them yet thought I would ask here first because I know a lot of guys on here butcher and grind their own, but I would assume the automation is electrical. I like simple these days the less can go wrong the better for me and if there were no power I still want to be able to use it, thats why I want manual operation. But like I said if it had automated in addition to manual thats great and I would consider grabbing one that had both if the cost was not to much more, but definitely needs manual. Thanks I will look into those ones, I hear a lot of food/kitchen products of cabelas are actually pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Whats some good slow cookers that aint made in china?

For Meat grinder lookin for a high quality one, needs to have manual operation (which i'm sure will be cheaper) if it also has automated in addition to manual thats fine but got to have manual operation for sure. It'll be my first one and want to make a good investment with it
    never seen a manual and automatic together.

for a manual one hit the garage sales. Should find one for under $10. Should be able to do about a pound of meat in 5 minutes. If I remember my parents doing it. A cheap Chinese electric will do about a pound a minute and no sore arms. A cabelas one ( the bigger ones are almost like a wood chipper and grind almost as fast as one guy can feed.

can always hook up an electric motor onto a sheet of plywood and a fan belt and automate a old manual one if you really want both worlds.

eveybody that has ever used a manual just smiles when using any electric one and they also say why didn’t we do this sooner. I use a Westin Pro or something like that bought at Costco years ago. It looks very similar to the cheap ones from cabelas and princess auto. Never let me down but if you are grinding for a half hour straight it starts to get warm. But by that point the meat tub of ground is full and I need to start packing the meat. So the machine has a chance to cool..

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

The old manual ones come with a 3” hopper that might hold a hamburger if lucky. Basically it’s great if you feed it 1” cubes at a time and that really slows the process down. The newer electric ones have a 8” hopper and probably hold a couple po7nds at one time. And you can push meat into the feed tube. The big cabelas ones probably hold 5-6 pounds of meat.
    bhb
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by VLD43 View Post
    As for meat grinders, you want to check out Stuffers in Vancouver. They are very good and have good equipment. I believe cabelas sells go stuff to from what I have heard. As for a slow cooker either your oven or possibly a quisinart slow cooker. I have had a quisinart for years and it has been very good. I know it is probably made in china like most things these days, but you might find it difficult to find a slow cooker made elsewhere. Good luck
    I will look up stuffers thank you! I had a cuisinart years ago and it perfomed good but had a stupid design on the lid and ended up breaking it trying to clean it, may have to pick up another one.

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    The old manual ones come with a 3” hopper that might hold a hamburger if lucky. Basically it’s great if you feed it 1” cubes at a time and that really slows the process down. The newer electric ones have a 8” hopper and probably hold a couple po7nds at one time. And you can push meat into the feed tube. The big cabelas ones probably hold 5-6 pounds of meat.
    bhb
    Thinkin probably pick up one of both since the manuals I can probably find cheap, use the automatic and have the manual as a back up or when I want a forearm workout lol

Don't know much about manual operating meat grinders, but I'm very pleased with my 1 HP LEM.. very good quality..