Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budget Backpacking Tent

Re: Budget Backpacking Tent

Another vote for the siltarp! That's all I use now.

Something like the link below. It weights nothing, you can use hiking poles or your tripod to set it up with a couple of rocks or stakes and cord.

SilTarp 1 <-- LINK
    Last edited by Jamesonm; 03-07-2024 at 09:51 AM.

I’m curious how many of the Siltarp fans have used them in adverse weather (blowing rain or snow) and how they held up.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    I’m curious how many of the Siltarp fans have used them in adverse weather (blowing rain or snow) and how they held up.
    No issues, especially with the larger ones, just need to keep the wind from getting underneath and trying to lift it up on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    In the picture above, I actually had just laid out on the riverbank without a tarp, as it was a beautiful clear evening. An hour later the first couple drops woke me up and I threw the tarp up quick, it hammered rain for a couple hours, although not much for wind. In adverse conditions I wouldn't have pitched it like that, or in that location. I usually hide in the trees, which cut the wind, and use the bigger one in the fall, so I can keep the edges lower to the ground.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I'm really happy with my 3F UL Lanshan tent. You can find them on aliexpress for $100-200 in various sizes, or <$100 if you want only a tarp outer. Super lightweight, decent quality, and inexpensive. Uses trekking poles for frame, and comes in single or double wall.
    Last edited by KootenayKiller; 03-11-2024 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks all! Definitely some good options to consider here.