Thread: Big agnes 5 person tarp teepee?

Big agnes 5 person tarp teepee?

Anybody use one of these? Any complaints? How do they stand up in wind? Hard to set up? It would be for 3 people and gear on an early september 6 day goat hunt most likely moving camp every day or two.

Its on sale for $337 so relatively cheap and best of all light. I looked at the seek outside after some searching and its awesome but almost double the price. Im buying a bunch of new gear already to take the boys on a goat hunt so price is deffinitly a concern.

My 3 person msr poppa hubba tent fabric coating has major flaking and stickyness everywhere and is no longer waterproof. Probably fixable but seems like a pain....MSR doesnt want to help me so I guess its time for something new. I like the idea of something you can somewhat stand up in. Bugs would be an issue but for the space and weight I figure we would suffer.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Big agnes 5 person tarp teepee?

Not sure on the tarp, but I’m told the tent is likely that way because it was put away damp in a tent bag.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Just a comment on the tent, I had a similar experience with a nemo tent that was 15 years old and they replaced with new no questions asked.

Have you checked out Sil Tarps . I have two of them but sorry have not used them yet . They seem get good reviews .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Got a seek DST, solid tarp if you went that way

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Not sure on the tarp, but I’m told the tent is likely that way because it was put away damp in a tent bag.
    Yeah, that was one of the reasons that came back from a google search. I may have carried it around wet on a hunt or took it home wet but always put it back up to dry when I got home before putting it away.

Also comes back MSR switched something and had a bunch of problems. I had some piles repaired at cascade in seatle on my hubba hubba, msr service was excellent. This time they sent me to kamploops I think and was told initially it would be 8 months till they could even address the issue...its been a couple years now and they dont respond and I stopped trying. I wont buy another msr product.

I also read you should store your water proof coated stuff in breathable bags or hang them up to breathe or a chemical reaction happens causing the flaking. I akways just put them back in their bags..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Does seek or siltarp make a teepee style with a door?

Do you want advice on tipi vs conventional 3 season tents? Or that specific big Agnes model? There’s a bunch of good threads about tents on here already. It’s been discussed in great depth.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Like I said I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with the big agnes teepee tarp tents..

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Like I said I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with the big agnes teepee tarp tents..
    No experience but let me know if you go that way. I have been eyeing on myself. Also been looking at the Lite outdoors and something from China to get me started. We will see.