Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Toothpick

Thumbs up Arkansas Toothpick

Mentioned to my Brother when down south that our company now requires us to carry a back up knife in addition to our every day carry.
    Keep in mind these are weapons of last resort against dangerous wildlife.

Knock on the door today and handed a box from my Brother (made it fast up here).
    Opened said box to discover this:

Beautiful Damascus Blade of just over 7", stag horn handle and heavy cowhide sheath!
    Hell of a fine gesture on his part, and methinks this one may become the every day carry instead of back up.

The Custom made blade I usually carry, present many moons ago from my Lady, would these days be worth upwards of a grand.
    Might have to consider keeping her as back-up - as in safe & sound in the truck!

Cheers Indeed!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Arkansas Toothpick

A couple fine blades there, very nice.
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

Good looking pig sticker there
    Looks like the handle is almost big enough for two-handed hold?
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Jam that thing in the juggler or lungs of a big bruin and the movie will be over in short order.

Good looking knives!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Nice. I have a couple vintage German knives with horn grips & leather sheathes. One from my dad even has a corkscrew in the handle.... a la versions of the Swiss Army knife. .

Why not one for each hip. That would be my preference.
    It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".

That top one would be a good pig sticker
    Very nice!

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Have to say the term Arkansas Toothpick is a new one for me hehe. Anyhow, seeing as posts featuring knives are a rare animal here let's keep this one going.... I just snapped some shots of the 2 I mentioned in my previous post. Ashamed to say they need some TLC. The sheath for the 2 knife combo has broken retention snaps, hence the 'field' mod so as not to lose them. I've also used the larger one as a hammer, damaging the butt on it. The sheath on the one I inherited from dad is in better shape, that blade holds a very keen edge, could use a polish methinks.... The sheath is quite elaborate on the opposite side as the belt loop part of it features an extra snap so it can be pulled off quickly. Last season I hooked it on the shoulder strap of my backpack for quick access.

Last edited by mike31154; 03-06-2024 at 09:37 PM.

very very nice gesture from family....unique knife for certain Matt, guy cant own too many knives

Mike31154..I always had and continue to have a weakness for German knives...however my daily wearer during hunting trips was changed 5 years ago from a fine German beheamoth of a knife..to a much "better" survival knife...featuring D2 steel...a bitch to sharpen but a joy to use..it doesnt begin to match your damascus pigsticker Matt....
    hmmm policy to carry backup knife..in case of loss of first one as doubt many if any could access the primary knife.
    thank you for sharing the photos gents.
    Steven