Thread: Region 6 bears

Region 6 bears

Looking on how the spring is setting up. Region 6 (I know it's big) I could take the week of the 12th to the 18th or 19th to the 25th of May off. I've been reading all the pro's and con's etc. These are the only two slots I have. Right now I booked the later week, but could change if needed.

Any and all ideas welcome.

Thanks,

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 6 bears

Later option. Big boys will start cruising looking for love.

Later for sure they wont be as concentrated but the bear rut can be really cool.

Yep. Later dates for sure. If this weather holds, the dandelions should be out in full force around then and the bears will follow.

I disagree...it depends when the snow is gone. You want the early green up when the bears will be concentrated on the roads. Forget the rutt, which is in june not may usually...but as you said Reg 6 is huge, so are you hunting the north, south or west of it?

This year with the lack of snow I would probably lean towards the earlier date. If you bump a bear off a feeding spot and its early enough he will come back if you just wait...if its green everywhere they will just move on.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Early is better if you want a skinny clover eating 3 year old.
    But june when the calves and fawns are dropping i like to find the pred bears and remove them from the ungulate calving grounds.

Ps most of region 6 is so loaded in bears you should do well as long as you go.

I agree with WWD, you’ll find 100 dinks early on the roads. When the days are long and the bugs will carry you away in June, calving seasons and the rut is when you’ll find the giants. My experience from living in the north I’m sure many will agree. They’re usually aggressive and will size you up vs bolt.

Good info. I will leave the dates as is not quite early spring dates, nor the rut, but we will make it work.