Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meat hauler frame

Meat hauler frame

What are the best, what do you guys use?

Sick of packing my big bag around for day trips, rather just take a meat frame and tie a small dry bag to it.

Got my Dads old aluminum one from back in the day but would like a new solid upgrade.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Meat hauler frame

Barney's........
    Proud member of the fringe minority!

look for a used kifaru tactical frame. id imagine there will be alot popping up with the release of kifarus new frame

Tons of options out there.

I used a Cabeleas Alaskan Frame for years with a smaller bag for day hunts and a larger bag for multi nights gor goats. Worked pretty well and hauled allot of game.

A few years back I tried a mystery ranch pack. I have 2 bags for it (20L Mule bag for day hunts and 60L Selway bag+10L lid for multiday)that can be interchanged in minutes. Entire pack is 1/2 the weight of my old set up and is far more comfortable and lower profile while hunting but when I load it up super heavy (70# and up) the guide light mt frame doesn't handle weight as well as the old external frame. ( lack rigidity) but still favour this pack over the old external frame in most conditions.

Head over to rokslide forum there is a forum just for Backpacks and you can find threads on every make of hunting pack .
    Last edited by Ron.C; 02-23-2024 at 07:20 AM.

I'm sure it's far from the best, but I use the Eberlestock F1 mainframe, along with the F65 Little Bigtop I believe it's called...and for extended hunts, in the middle of those packs I pack the Eberlestock J2DB dry bag...it's never failed me yet, and I've pack a lot of weight on it, whole deer, 2 elk front quarters with the head at the same time etc...

Well, it ain’t gonna help you unless you can find a used one but,…Seek Outside Brooks. They’re not made any more. Just as light (4 lbs), but quieter than any metal pack frame, and more compact. Expanded, the bag fits a half mule deer (bone in) or quarter elk. Carrys a load incredibly well. I’m not a fan of the top lid, but attach a Merlin that contains my kill kit, food, water etc. Adds very little weight, keeps stuff easily accessible, and allows me to go super small and light if I don’t want a frame on my back.

https://seekoutside.com/blog/product...utside-brooks/

I also have an original Kifaru Long Hunter pack frame with a cargo net attached. Super light and fairly compact. It will slide right in the Seek bag no problem. It will carry a good load, but it’s better for a bag of boned out meat than half a deer or elk quarter as the frame tends to want to warp if you really cinch the cargo net tight over an unsymmetrical load.

Oh, I have an MR PopUp 28 as well. Decent little day pack that should expand to carry a decent load. Light enough, but still not quite as comfortable as the Seek. I’ve never carried a big load with it, but it’s really handy for packing sheds and stuff I find when out hiking.
    Last edited by Elkaddict; 02-23-2024 at 08:37 AM.

stone glacier, you can run their frames with any of their bags from a small daypack to expedition pack and haul over 100lbs out on the load hauler.

Had the cabelas Alaskan frame with the same thought in mind. Still brand new! Always end up using my mystery ranch meat shelf. After this pack wears out might try stone glacier. But at this rate my MR will last me another 10 years.

I have a twenty yr old camptrails external pack. Took the bag off. Lash the meat with halibut ganging twine. Hauled a few tons over the years but it is really for say 5 km and less back to the truck. If you and packing or flying in there are better options. I have a mystery ranch 6500 including the meat hauler but the reality for me now at 65 plus new knee joint recently my days of packing are coming to an end. Id love some sherpas or boston dynamics hauler

Iv used the Kifaru with cargo panel a lot, use it for hauling anything big and awkward. I plan to pick up the Stryker xl some day.