Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BC Will Not Amend the Land Act

BC Will Not Amend the Land Act

Not sure what exactly this will mean for FN control of natural resources but it sounds like a good thing for us

https://twitter.com/richardzussman/s...465tT9X_dSH-hQ

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BC Will Not Amend the Land Act

Great news. I doubt it's the last we've heard on the subject though.

You know, as the Minister states, this was never about giving the Indigenous people control or 'veto'. There was a lot of misinformation and mistrust. Now, mistrust of Government, I completely understand. Every Government.

It doesn't really change the current state. For those that sit on any of these committees, we know, this is about sharing in the management of our lands and wildlife. About using all available intelligence/data. Indigenous Gov and Indigenous stakeholders are ON those committees, have been for over 10 years and will continue to be. "Co-management" and "Shared Decision Making" are not new phrases.

For myself, I'm encouraged Government can back off of a contentious issue, while we work to address other important wildlife matters.

Hallelujah!

The news release.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2024WLRS0009-000236

They may propose changes in the future, but for now the apparent heard loud and clear about the lack of public engagement

hmmmmm the govts.sneak attack was leaked and they were about to eat it big tim in any election....lying sack of shit .

taxpayers

Good news .Its the behind closed doors negotiations I worry about .
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmmmmm the govts.sneak attack was leaked and they were about to eat it big tim in any election....lying sack of shit .

taxpayers
    My thoughts exactly. An election is coming and they got worried. They are supposed to work for the majority of residents but it appears the politicians have their own agenda. Hopefully the voters see them for what they are but I don't put much faith in the average citizen.

Phucking AMAZING!!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

hmmmm special priveldged little darlings..4 %....going from professional beggars to gladly accepting treasonous daily bullshyte treatment...

the govt got caught..they WILL attack again after the election..

DO NOT FORGET THEIR AGENDA....

of course the indians protest that it really didnt mean what it clearly intended....

once passed same they would be SCREAMING that the intentions were clear...waaaaaahhhhhh give us the land ALL 136 % OF BC....OUR HOMES and access to our properties....plus shitloads of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....$ $$$$

want money go to work...hmmmm easier to be beggars..
    more distressing is the dipshit NdPEEE....

TAXPAYERS wake up..one skirmish is not the war...get rid of unidrip treason.

steven