Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Up For Discussion: (Proposal) Apply 6 pt antler restriction to west Kootenay bow only

Re: Up For Discussion: (Proposal) Apply 6 pt antler restriction to west Kootenay bow

Quote Originally Posted by kevingm1987 View Post
    It will change in two years. Is their way of slowly taking more and more away. Its the same thing they have done with moose in region 6. If you read through the rationale it mentions "Concerns have also been raised regarding the potential for increased hunting pressure from licensed hunters due to moose hunting restrictions implemented in the Peace Region in 2022."

I also read that moose in portions of 7B LEH will go from tri, spike, 10 to any bull. They say this will increase the opportunities for moose to be taken. It notes that there has been an increase pressure on other ungulates in the area due to the moose restrictions placed in 2022. They're are lining up the Peace for more elk restrictions for 2026-2028 in my opinion!
    Somebody who gets it, refreshing. The people who actually run your system do not want you eating healthy, even eating meat for that matter or having firearms, or living in anything but c40/15 minute cities and private ownership abolished, this all ties in and they openly say this through their mouthpieces and NGOs, this is not conspiracy you can find them online saying this and quote them from the NGOs websites.

For those that have no balls and spine, enjoy it while you can because you don't have many years left, especially for certain species.

Re: Up For Discussion: (Proposal) Apply 6 pt antler restriction to west Kootenay bow

The writing is on the wall, read it. Pay attention

Maybe a middle age class GOS instead? For example, one antler has to have at least 5 points, but no 6x6 or greater. Sprinkle in some LEH for trophy hunts.

Build a population of big breeding bulls, and maintain a steady supply of hunting opportunity.
    Last edited by KootenayKiller; 02-21-2024 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevingm1987 View Post
    It will change in two years. Is their way of slowly taking more and more away. Its the same thing they have done with moose in region 6. If you read through the rationale it mentions "Concerns have also been raised regarding the potential for increased hunting pressure from licensed hunters due to moose hunting restrictions implemented in the Peace Region in 2022."

I also read that moose in portions of 7B LEH will go from tri, spike, 10 to any bull. They say this will increase the opportunities for moose to be taken. It notes that there has been an increase pressure on other ungulates in the area due to the moose restrictions placed in 2022. They're are lining up the Peace for more elk restrictions for 2026-2028 in my opinion!
    Kill a Moose save a Caribou is what they said, now both are closing. Using the same with the Deer. Now they are doing it on a regional basis, close down 6 well because ya know 7 we got too. Lol, their not geniuses, but good enough at what they do to reach the end goals of their agendas, too bad the people didn't put so much time and effort into fixing issues in the country instead of hoping for/relying on others.

Quote Originally Posted by PYGuy View Post
    To help me and others digest this proposal does anyone on here have the actual WK harvest and breakdown numbers? If not does anyone know if that is available through the Regional Office or would I have to go through a FOI request? Thanks
    All the hunting data is at https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...g/hunting-data

Thankyou SWRO

It was this option or LEH for WK from what I seen on the table. I know the archery harvest was a very high portion, 30% of total harvest. Their (government) modelling data still suggested that more bulls are being harvested than being recruited despite the shortening of the rifle season by 10 days. So they needed to reduce the harvest some way and this was the device they chose as its a big percentage and the 6 point will no doubt change that. The WK groups wanted LEH, so this could be seen as a way to keep the opportunity while avoiding LEH.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    It was this option or LEH for WK from what I seen on the table. I know the archery harvest was a very high portion, 30% of total harvest. Their (government) modelling data still suggested that more bulls are being harvested than being recruited despite the shortening of the rifle season by 10 days. So they needed to reduce the harvest some way and this was the device they chose as its a big percentage and the 6 point will no doubt change that. The WK groups wanted LEH, so this could be seen as a way to keep the opportunity while avoiding LEH.
    There were other options submitted and discussed.
    The decision by Government to proceed with the introduction of a point restriction in the WK is another political decision. If they really believe harvesting is the greatest impact, consider a decision to stop rifle hunting in the rut.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    There were other options submitted and discussed.
    The decision by Government to proceed with the introduction of a point restriction in the WK is another political decision. If they really believe harvesting is the greatest impact, consider a decision to stop rifle hunting in the rut.
    I fully agree with you on trying to remove the gun hunt from the rut, and yes that was briefly discussed at the table. But the two main ideas that seemed to be batted around the most was 6 point archery and LEH which the WK groups were after. Again they stated the 30% harvest during archery was what they were looking at. Other ideas may have been talked about at the table but that to me was just to satisfy them saying they talked about it, they were never going to seriously look at them. I too sit on the KWHAC and feel most times our meetings satisfy a government check box that stakeholders were consulted.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    I too sit on the KWHAC and feel most times our meetings satisfy a government check box that stakeholders were consulted.
    Completely agree. In fact, I sent Government a letter today stating the same. That these committees (for Government) are a check box to confirm their due diligence. Thanks.