Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Up For Discussion: (Proposal) Apply 6 pt antler restriction to west Kootenay bow only

Re: Up For Discussion: (Proposal) Apply 6 pt antler restriction to west Kootenay bow

Quote Originally Posted by Bullreaper View Post
    If they are gonna implement an archery point restriction, I think it should be 5pt+. Not sure what the influx of hunters flocking to the East koots is gonna be like…. Time will tell I guess. So much for the 7B moose closure only being 2 years. Nothing about opening that back up. All I can say is engage, make sure you voice your opinion, whether it benefits you or not. Fill there inbox’s and make sure they know there’s still lots of people who care about hunting in B.C.
    Agree on all points... all need to take the time and submit your opinions..

Re: Up For Discussion: (Proposal) Apply 6 pt antler restriction to west Kootenay bow

Quote Originally Posted by PYGuy View Post
    To help me and others digest this proposal does anyone on here have the actual WK harvest and breakdown numbers? If not does anyone know if that is available through the Regional Office or would I have to go through a FOI request? Thanks
    That's a good question, as I know the WK WMU's that they're proposing the change for are all compulsory inspection...

How many archery kills are done with a crossbow?

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    How many archery kills are done with a crossbow?
    Really???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Ha I think you get what I was hinting at…

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    30% of the harvest could be cut back by eliminating the archery season completely, remove any allocations from the outfitters and there would be more available for the remaining BC Resident hunters. Probably not put forward as an option though.
    let’s go the the other way…….70% of the harvest could be cut back by elimination the rifle season and eliminating the outfitter allocation!! Why do hunter constantly try to screw each other over??

I'll bet a bigger issue, at least from what I've heard, is the amount of non 6 pointers that are killed mistakenly during the rifle season.... certain % of hunters need to be a little more diligent on ensuring its a legal animal before shooting..

The high number of 5pts killed every yr in 4-23 is a problem.

I've never been a fan of point restrictions for 2 main reasons.

1- It opens up the door for mistakes to happen. Yes they happen way too often. And, for various reasons. No point in listings the why's.
    2- Point restrictions target a certain age/class of animal. This puts a lot of pressure on this class. In the case of elk, 6 point or above which is nature's best breeding class. So here we upset the balance by targeting the best breeding class.

As a result of greatly reducing the numbers of 6 pointers, over time, their genetics eventually fade from the gene pool. That leads to more and more 5 pointers to do the breeding. Many of these bulls will never develop more than 5 points because of their genetic determination. And so now, we are seeing a lot more big bulls, having only 5 points.

That's my 2 cents worth.
    Always EXPECT the UNEXPECTED!

Thumbs down Re: Up For Discussion: (Proposal) Apply 6 pt antler restriction to west Kootenay bow

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Ha I think you get what I was hinting at…
    Nope, not at all.
    What I see is simply more divisiveness on your part.

I am no longer capable of drawing my compound bow (long since donated to a buddy) due to physical constraints.
    Thus I hunt with a crossbow.
    Your inference suggests that is somehow inferior to those that use the former.

Sad to me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me