Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
... That said, I think the challenge in both types of bows is the necessity to be within 40-50 yards for a fairly certain shot. I know some guys are comfortable with longer shots. My point is, compound or cross, the close distance required is the same. I don’t see a need to differentiate between the two.
Ed Zachery.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
What we must do, is develop more awareness about weapons. I see any number of times, when we are discussing LEH vs BOS, there is always (from within the hunting community) the comment we must deal with, "if you take the crossbow out, we're fine with..... that".

It isn't the weapon, it's the personal assurance, that an ethical, experienced hunter brings to the hunt. It's easier to make a poor shot with Trad gear at 20 yards than with a crossbow. So what is the criteria?
I do not think that personal biases should enter into the matter at all.
Some here have the same mentality as the Alberta Bow Hunting Org in their desire to rid all bow seasons of crossbows, regardless of whether there are background constraints that will not allow the hunter to use vertical bows.

You still have to get damn close.
You still have to have the required skill level in all related matters.
I see that in general we agree on that.

I enjoy/love hunting. Have no issue with rifle, crossbow etc. I enjoy the people I hunt with. Their weapon of choice, is their own.
Also Ed Zachery.

Cheers