Thread: Youth hunt, agricultural zone, peace elk

Youth hunt, agricultural zone, peace elk

Heading over to the agricultural zone with my wife and 2 boys this week looking for elk (and maybe a job) Just touring around and exploring the area, pretty new to us being from the Northcoast. If there's a rancher out there having problems with elk we could team up with that would be great. I've herd there's a list of farmer's needing a cull, but I haven't found anything yet. If anyone knows about this kind of stuff, that would be helpful, maybe for everyone. Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Youth hunt, agricultural zone, peace elk

I’ve hunted a lot up in the Peace and for many years. Knocking on doors - dressed appropriately neatly, being respectful and polite - can yield good results.

Success for requests to hunt will range considerably, but I’d say my success was about 50/50 when I first started at it. Once you’re in, get to know some of the land owners, be kind and helpful, and your network of permissions will grow in time.

And get a current land ownership map from Corlanes so you know who to ask permission from, and get it laminated.

NH3
    NFA, CCFR, BCWF

Thanks, that all makes a lot of sense. We try to pick a new place in BC to expose the kids to. With limited time it can be hard to get on to it. Most of the places we go are crown land so this area is a lot different in that respect.

Any luck on the hunt?