Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bugle Tubes

Re: Bugle Tubes

Buglin bull tube, the one with the big bellow up front, and the retractable tube attached to it (forget the model).
    I use diaphragm, so took off the mouth call, and gutted another tube to add that blue mouthpiece with a metal spring it (forget that calls name also, but from buglin bulls also).
    But, I used a Rubber corrugated tube (think it was from Berry, that was made to be compatible for many years.
    (basically looks like an old rad hose from the 50’s).
    Anyways, still need to take off the plastic tube off the buglin bull big bellow, and attach the old Berry rubber hose to it. (Looks like it will work)
    Then I think I have the ideal tube.
    Now I have also thought about getting an Abe and son tube, and removing that middle section and adding it into my rig.
    Will see if it works.
    Still happiest with the Wayne Carlton 2.5 diaphragms with the tone trough on them.
    I can do everything with it, used them for years, so why change (I always go back to it after trying dozens of other diaphragms).

The only thing I truly believe is I like that “rubber” corrugated tube.
    It removes that “tinny” sound you get from plastics.
    In all my years, I only had one guy call “me in”.
    And, “I called him in” (with his clients).
    Turns out he was one of the best elk callers at the time in competitions.
    So, I didn’t feel stupid.
    And because I called him in, we shared a bunch of info and thoughts on bugles and equipment etc.

Wapiti river diaphragms are probably my favorite.
    Also called in alot of bulls with a good old power bugle.

Go to the store and get one of those kids plastic bats. Tape it up with hockey or duct tape, saw the end off, and you have a killer 5 dollar bugle! They also work great for raking trees.