Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warm weather february elk

Hybrid View

Warm weather february elk

I have a cow elk draw for 7-21. It's warm and there's no snow. Anyone have any tips or advice for finding them?

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Warm weather february elk

night times your best bet id say ))))))

I believe it's called hunting, you need to hunt for them not ask people where they are and hold your hand

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8 white hunter View Post
    I believe it's called hunting, you need to hunt for them not ask people where they are and hold your hand
    Lol!!! .

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8 white hunter View Post
    It’s called a hunting forum where hunters share tips and discuss hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    It’s called a hunting forum where hunters share tips and discuss hunting.

Ya true, and funny how politics and off topic gets blamed for the demise of site?

Quote Originally Posted by SSG-man View Post
    Ya true, and funny how politics and off topic gets blamed for the demise of site?
    [url=https://postimages.org/]
    I might point a contributor in the right direction particularly if I thought, or knew there were too many elk on someones farm that wanted them scared off but that would be about it.
    The EK is a prime example of everyone telling everyone where the Elk were, 20000 elk down to 4000…….
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by SSG-man View Post
    I would look at the same issue the other way. It is the politics and off topic that has instilled life to the dying forum. I remember that 15-18 years ago, so many fishing forums booming. Now most of them are gone. The way to receive information has changed. However, people always love the politics.
    Life is too short and time goes too fast. Hunt, hunt, and hunt....

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    I have a cow elk draw for 7-21. It's warm and there's no snow. Anyone have any tips or advice for finding them?

Thanks
    Congratulations on your draw - Hopefully you will get lucky and get some snow in region 7, we just (finally) got a dump in 4.

Since the season is abnormally warm they should be in lower elevations than normal, hey? I have little (read: no) experience hunting elk and I'm curious how you would go about looking for cows in Feb. I can only think of the obvious of covering as much ground as possible while looking for sign / cow calling.

Let us know how your hunt turns out. Hopefully someone with experience in this will chip in.

You may also find Remi Warren's podcast "Live Wild" be helpful, he has 20+ years experience hunting elk and gives some good information

Cover as much ground as you can looking for fresh sign. Water sources and food sources are a good bet. These animals go wherever they want, you gotta find them yourself.