Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Warm weather february elk

Re: Warm weather february elk

Thanks! We were so focused on getting packed out before dark that we didn't even think about pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    No fat at all on her.
    Interesting, I would have thought they spent most of the winter living off there fat reserves.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Yes-- its getting hard to get private property ok because of a few jerks--- but its worth a try.

I don't really know why. The winter has been very mild and feed is everywhere. I would think that would make for lots of fat. Maybe others in the herd were but not this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated Ol Phart View Post
    Yes-- its getting hard to get private property ok because of a few jerks--- but its worth a try.
    We were up there a few years back, and it was colder in Victoria than Quesnel. Not a single farmer we spoke to was willing to let us on their land, horror stories of livestock shot, gut piles in fields, over-harvest, equipment shot up...

We went home hungry.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    We were up there a few years back, and it was colder in Victoria than Quesnel. Not a single farmer we spoke to was willing to let us on their land, horror stories of livestock shot, gut piles in fields, over-harvest, equipment shot up...

We went home hungry.
    I hear the same thing up hear in GP, and there is a fair bit of elk hitting the farmland in the winter. I am sure there are some jerks but its mostly regurgitating the same stories over and over to justify saying no. People aren’t so neighbourly anymore, especially near the big cities. The farmers seem to want to get paid for the elk depredation but not want stranger on their land. A gut pile on the field in winter is a poor excuse, the ravens and coyotes will have that gone in a day, probably in the fall too for what its worth.

Anyways, the entire fringe is crown land so figure it out, frame pack, calf sled, snow shoes, cross country skis, snowmobiles with skimmer. If there is a will, there is a way.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    I hear the same thing up hear in GP, and there is a fair bit of elk hitting the farmland in the winter. I am sure there are some jerks but its mostly regurgitating the same stories over and over to justify saying no. People aren’t so neighbourly anymore, especially near the big cities. The farmers seem to want to get paid for the elk depredation but not want stranger on their land. A gut pile on the field in winter is a poor excuse, the ravens and coyotes will have that gone in a day, probably in the fall too for what its worth.

Anyways, the entire fringe is crown land so figure it out, frame pack, calf sled, snow shoes, cross country skis, snowmobiles with skimmer. If there is a will, there is a way.

I don't disagree, but dad has asbestosis, so he can't breathe well, 2 wrecked knees, his hips aren't all that awesome, and his back is actively trying for a hostile takeover of control. He was just there to shoot, I was the pack animal. He only put in with the hope that he would be able to sit a field. Hiking is off the books for him now.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.