Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bushnell 3200 elite replacement

Re: Bushnell 3200 elite replacement

I bought a used Scopechief IV 3x9.This was a comparable model to Leupold VariX III series . I paid too much for it, BTW. It had issues with a wandering POI. I sent it in a couple of times . Second time it came back OK. I put it on my canoe rifle.But the crosshairs came loose when it bounced along on the bottom of the river. I had another scope along. Always, Always either pack two rifles or a spare scope. My hunting partner gave up using Leupolds just to avoid that. This time they sent a ScopeChief IV 4x32 back. This model was far and away the best 4x scope of that period, mid '80s. I came out ahead, by quite a bit I might add. I had been hoping for just an ordinary Legend 3x9

Outside of that Scopechief 3x9, I've had better luck with Bushnells than Leupolds.
    Last edited by Downwindtracker2; 02-07-2024 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Are you guys satisfied with bushnell?

never used any of their stuff
    I have always found bushnell to be a decent product. I would certainly use it over anything vortex. The Forge line is a very good product for the money! Its crazy but to my eye the forge 3-18 looks better than my 3-18 zeiss v6.

Update ! Phoned customers service, complained nicely ,also said the reticle was not what I wanted. They have now sent me a 4500 elite 21/2 x10 as a replacement and said to keep the engage scope . Good customer service I thought.

The 4500 is as solid as a tank. It also weighs like one. Highly recoil resistant. I have four 4000 series scopes.

used Scopechief IV 3x9.This was a comparable model to Leupold VariX III series

LMAO, OK.

I have the engage. also.and I find it has too much junk In the reticles. Let me know how you find it. It’s good for target shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Update ! Phoned customers service, complained nicely ,also said the reticle was not what I wanted. They have now sent me a 4500 elite 21/2 x10 as a replacement and said to keep the engage scope . Good customer service I thought.
    that is awesome I hve always been treated well by bushnell and B&L

Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
    I put it on my canoe rifle.But the crosshairs came loose when it bounced along on the bottom of the river. I had another scope along. Always, Always either pack two rifles or a spare scope.
    Or just spend better money and get something along the lines of the nightforce scope, and not worry about stuff like that happening.

Me, the only bushnell I currently have is an old scopecheif IV. And only because it was my original scope from when I was 14.
    I did have an LRT for a bit, and it always treated me well before I replaced it with the Sig BDX model scope.

I have several leupolds, and now find myself steering away from them for anything newer I am needing to get. Just seems like you can get better for the price they have become for even the Freedom line up. My last scope was a swaro, over leo, and the next one probably be a Burris.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    I have 2 bushnell scopes and 12 leupold you should be able to figure out the answer to your question.
    you like Bushnell
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC