Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fly-in Boat Choices

Re: Fly-in Boat Choices

Thank you. Second vote for Saturn. A bit heavy but I imagine that translates into thickness and a tougher boat

Solo hunt,
    distance you may have to travel in the boat say one lake to another,
    would you have move camp at any point?
    Canoe if the plane can handle it would always be my first choice. 6 or 8 k is a easily covered in morning of poking along.

Found this while searching canoes https://www.google.com/search?client...5G61ZEspM,st:0 there are very light. A bit pricey for my pension...
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Had one of those for several years, amazing boat

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Solo hunt,
    distance you may have to travel in the boat say one lake to another,
    would you have move camp at any point?
    Canoe if the plane can handle it would always be my first choice. 6 or 8 k is a easily covered in morning of poking along.

Found this while searching canoes https://www.google.com/search?client...5G61ZEspM,st:0 there are very light. A bit pricey for my pension...

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by Muledeercrazy2 View Post
    Hi, Looking to replace my old zodiac inflatable for a fly in trip this year. I don't think its worth fixing up and is over 25 years old now. I have a 2.5hp Yamaha outboard that i need to be able to mount on anything i buy, and want something with a good weight capacity and around 10'. I was hoping for recommendations or comments on what guys are using and what they like. There are lots of options on the market these days and I am trying to compare some of the offshore brands with cheaper pricing to zodiacs or what i would have traditionally associated with high quality. This boat wont be used very often, so although it needs to be durable and dependable I don't need a new $5,000 inflatable. Also any advice on pricing would be great. Obviously weight is a consideration. I have been looking at getting a lightweight pack raft for a different type of trip, however that wont work for this trip as we need a high weight capacity and a transom rating of at least 6-8hp. Thanks very much for any help!
    Fix the old Zodiac up for his last trip then burn it to reduce weight before you Fly back out to Civilisation.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    Fix the old Zodiac up for his last trip then burn it to reduce weight before you Fly back out to Civilisation.

Cheers
    lol, had not considered that... innovative