Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CWD officially in BC

Re: CWD officially in BC

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    why would you say that? You don’t believe god made wolves for a reason? Why would you want them to die? How educated are you on wolves? You’re probably among the group who needs to blame something when you don’t have a successful hunt.
    I would believe he's made that statement because we currently have a predator pit in many parts of our province, with wolves being a large contributing factor of that issue..

If there are any West Kootenay hunters around, there is a CWD submission site in Nelson in the mental health building. It's not listed online so I had to dig around for it. At first it looked like I would have had to drive 3-4 hours to submit a head and I wasn't willing to do that.

As an added bonus, I got to carry a severed head in a cooler into a government run building that deals with mental health. An unexpected bonus to the season

If anyone is interested, the province updated the test results this week with over 800 results now displaying.

Yes but only two are positive and both are from the kootenay region:

Chronic Wasting Disease Test Results - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)

Anywhere there is domesticated animals, namely cattle and sheep, there is a chance "CWD" will eventually show up.

Last time mad cow showed up in Canada they just simply sent cows to slaughter at a younger age. Before the time needed for symptoms to show up... Our food supply is a total mess.

People here have mentioned moose, is that true? Last I checked they didn't seem to be getting it.

CWD, CJD, Mad cow, Alzheimers, Scrapie, all look VERY similar, almost identical in their pathologies.

Quote Originally Posted by North Star View Post
    Anywhere there is domesticated animals, namely cattle and sheep, there is a chance "CWD" will eventually show up.

Last time mad cow showed up in Canada they just simply sent cows to slaughter at a younger age. Before the time needed for symptoms to show up... Our food supply is a total mess.

People here have mentioned moose, is that true? Last I checked they didn't seem to be getting it.

CWD, CJD, Mad cow, Alzheimers, Scrapie, all look VERY similar, almost identical in their pathologies.
    Yes CWD can infect moose. First infected moose in Canada was found at least a decade ago. Last years CWD testing AB turned up 5 positive moose.
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Quote Originally Posted by North Star View Post
    To add to what Retiredguy mentioned, it infects animals in the cervid family which is deer, moose, elk and caribou.