Thread: Pheasant hunting preserve in WA

bandit is offline Passionate pointer parent

Pheasant hunting preserve in WA

With hunting season closed in BC I thought I’d share my experience of hunting at Snow Mountain Game Farm in Mount Vernon. It’s very affordable and should be open at least a couple more months unless he runs out of birds.

First things first - it’s more for dog training than any sort of challenging hunt. The guy will just plant birds in a hay field when you arrive and you can hunt at your leisure. Like many pen raised pheasants some prefer to run rather than fly, not much you can do about it. But the pricing is cheap so it’s not the end of the world leaving the runners alone.

Second up. Crossing the border with guns. He does have a loaner pump action if that’s your thing. I did things the hard way and got the ATF form 6 (took less than a week, they were very helpful when I missed off the postcode). I also got a WA small game license as I intended to bring birds back. US customs did ask to see the form 6 and the hunting license, Canada customs inspected my gun and truck but didnt ask for anything. They seemed more concerned that my tailgate was loose than having dead pheasants in the truck during a bird flu outbreak but I’ll take that as a win.

Third up crossing the border with a dog. I brought all the vet certificates and registration papers but didn’t get checked. You can’t bring opened bags of dog food into the US but they never checked.

Overall I was pretty happy with how things worked out. Other than my dog’s behaviour 😂😂

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pheasant hunting preserve in WA

Thanks for all the information. I'm thinking of going south next year with the dog.

This helps!

If you don't mind,,,,,How much $?
    He's NOT your buddy, buddy!

bandit is offline Passionate pointer parent

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    If you don't mind,,,,,How much $?
    I think it was like 50 US$ field rental plus 20$ per bird