Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Marshall's progress

Re: Marshall's progress

I take the couch potatoes for walks with the little guy but they don't hunt anymore. Nash the old guy on the right is 11 years old and just had a seizure last week still waiting on the lab results. Penny on the left is 9 and loves the water but has no desire to retrieve ducks. You know the saying the "lights are on but nobody's home"? That fits her perfectly. I might take them to the water this morning and see if I can get some water shots. I haven't really pushed him to swim yet but he's mistakenly fallowed my female in over his head a couple of times when she decided to go for a swim.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Well had Marshall and the couch potatoes down to the water. The couch potatoes were in there with little to no coaxing. Marshall on the other hand still doesn't quite have the hang of it. I walked him out 20 feet from the shore and released him giving him some momentum but he tries to keep his head to high and splashes on the surface as he's swimming to shore. Lots of time yet and I don't want to scare him so when he's ready and grows into his legs. I'm sure he'll be fine.

BCWF

diggerpax is offline "Shoot 'em in the guts"

All in good time. I think the two greatest moments for me when training my dogs was their first day swimming, and of course their first retrieve.

Marc, my golden retriever gets siezures she has gotten the since she was about a year old and vets say its just like epilepsy.She used to get them fairly often but the vet has her on phenobarbitol and now only gets them about twice a year.Might be something to consider if they become persistent.Good luck hope it works out for Nash.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by bsa30-06 View Post
    Marc, my golden retriever gets siezures she has gotten the since she was about a year old and vets say its just like epilepsy.She used to get them fairly often but the vet has her on phenobarbitol and now only gets them about twice a year.Might be something to consider if they become persistent.Good luck hope it works out for Nash.
    The vet told me that dogs just don't develop epilepsy at that age. It's usually something else that triggers it. Like a failing liver or kidneys.

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    The vet told me that dogs just don't develop epilepsy at that age. It's usually something else that triggers it. Like a failing liver or kidneys.
    yep never thought of that and mine did develope it when she was young.Its a scary thing when they have a siezure and theres nothing you can do but try to prevent them from hurting themselves.Its a very helpless feeling.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Had Marshall down to the shore this weekend and got him to make some retrieve in the mud and marsh grass he'll be hunting in next fall. He's doing really good and pretty much retrieving to hand except a couple of drops at my feet. He went in after one dummy with my female Penny but turned around when it went over his head He's getting better but not quite there yet. Still lots of time before next fall. I had him on the scale again today and he's already packed on another 3 lbs in 2 weeks and up to 58 lbs at 5 1/2 months.

BCWF

Took Marshall over to the mainland this weekend and spent some time with his litter and t breeder. It was nice to see some other dogs with the same amount of drive and energy to give my old two a break.

Had a good visit with Gayle from Hight Tide Chessies and finalized the paper work to register Marshall's name. On paper his CKC registered name is Hight Tide's Pride of the Marsh.

BCWF

I was hoping to run into you and marshall in abby,wanted to meet the internet famous marshall.Looks like he's doing well.

Nice looking chessie Marc, ever consider running the odd Hunt Test?
    Blacktailaholic