Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Marshall's progress

Re: Marshall's progress

Here is Marshall a week shy of 4 months. Marshall is now retrieving to hand in the back yard which is about 30 yards long or so. After the duck season is over I'll move him to the duck marsh and do some field and shore retrieves. I'll slowly work him into the water for the odd retrieve when his interest takes him there.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

He's coming along nicely !
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Marshall turned 4 months today. Here are a couple of pictures taken of him last week. The first picture was taken about a month ago,

Nash was tired of being a chew toy so he went to his crate for some peace. Marshall pretty much tuckered out from the days play decides that there is enough room for my sneaker and him as well.

A month later Marshall decides to make a social visit with Penny in her crate. Not much room in there now for two dogs. Look at the size of his paws

Nash and Marshall taking a rest after a good chew. When I first tried to take this picture Marshall was sleeping and had his head resting on Nash's chest and he woke up as I was getting ready to take the picture.

Man I can't get over how fast he's growing.I put him on the scale this morning and he weighs in at 39 lbs.

He starts basic obedience classes in two weeks, he pretty much knows them now but I figure the more socializing with other dogs and people the better.

BCWF

a shoe works good mine has a taste for leather work gloves I find fingerless gloves all over the yard... you put them down to use your bare hands and when you reach down there gone! He looks like a good pup, gota love a good huntin partner.

Quote Originally Posted by happygilmore View Post
    a shoe works good mine has a taste for leather work gloves I find fingerless gloves all over the yard... you put them down to use your bare hands and when you reach down there gone! He looks like a good pup, gota love a good huntin partner.
    My female Lab used to do that when she was younger. She'd chew off the the thumbs of my leather work gloves. Always the thumbs never figured out why, must have been easier to hold the glove with the other two paws to chew it off I guess. She also chewed a hole in my ultimate hunting neoprene waders a year after I had bought them. Man was I ever pissed.

I try to keep things away from Marshall that I don't want him to chew. For example a dog doesn't know the difference between an old yard sneaker to a brand new pair you paid $200 for. If you don't want hi chewing your new stuff then don't allow him to chew your old. Those sneakers are never in his reach and if I do forget to put them away and I see him playing with them I take them away right away.

The little bugger is getting taller and things that he couldn't reach a month ago he can now reach.

BCWF

great looking dog Marc....Keep up the good work.

Well Marshalls training aids came in today and he was more then eager to do a few retrieves and a photo shoot. Here is Marshall just over 4 months retrieving a dokken deadfowl trainer duck.

BCWF

I've been working on Marshall's basic obedience for a couple of months now and tonight I decided to throw him a curve ball. Tonight I gave him all hand signals and no verbal commands for sit, stay, down, and come. I was pleasantly surprised that all the hand gestures I've been making in the past month while giving the verbal commands weren't for nothing.

BCWF

I ordered a training collar for Marshall from Canadian Gun Dog Supply out of Ontario. Received A1 service from the owner John Apostolis and had my collar shipped to my door within a week of ordering it. I made a mistake online when I purchased it at around 9:00pm BC time and sent him an email stating I think I ordered two collars by mistake and the very next morning my bank account had been credited one collar for my mistake. He emailed me letting me know what was going on every step of the way. The best thing about all of this is that they had the collar I was looking for in stock when it was advertised in stock, it was cheaper to buy it in Ontario (No PST), and faster then trying to order it locally from Vancouver.

I know where my business will be going from now on.

Here is Marshall getting used to wearing the Pro 100 G2 EXP receiver with the red collar. The pro 100 EXP comes with 3 different color collars so you know what color code to use on the transmitter. I only have one receiver right now but figured I'd use the red collar so that the black one will be in good shape when hunting season comes around. The collar is only on the dog at this point so he gets used to the feel of the collar and doesn't get collar wise.

BCWF

Glad you found some good service Marc. You won't be disappointed in your tri-tronics
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!