Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Class action Against Bayer for Making Roundup

Re: Class action Against Bayer for Making Roundup

Pandoras box has been opened in the litigious US court system. This product will soon be gone.

Question is, what will replace it?

Where are the brainwashed chiming in telling me they’re not brainwashed!!!!
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    There are more people here reading than just you, and besides you already know everything and I should commend you on a job well done. It’s clear all around us what a great job the knowledge from the school of mass instruction has contributed to our Forest, agriculture and our health.
    I am not going to argue with brainwashed pompous lefties about the clear present dangers of glyphosate and the cover up of that, I see it everyday all around me. The cut block spraying is nothing short of eco terrorism. The small pathetic and often blown over portion of the riparian left is often killed and about 100m into the bush on the down wind side. The block is void of ungulates for some time.
    I am a regulatory consultant for an environmental company in Northern Alberta. I see what I described everyday. It’s absolutely disgusting, and that’s just one aspect.

Anyways, I am glad they are getting sued, they deserve it and I hope it not only sets a precedent but bankrupts them, and I hope they have to drink it.
    I am not investing my time on this. Don’t forgot to get your boo$ters, also $afe and effective.

And yet, here you are, 2 pages later, still keeping the thread alive....

With all due respect, your Masters and Bachelors degree is just a state sanctioned stamp of approval that you will continue to uphold the bs, the lies and the fraud at a professional level feeding your ego and higher education complex which by now if you haven’t realized is based on regurgitating what you are told and anything that strays from the “narrative” is dis/misinformation...come on brother, use that critical thinking and put it to good use and stop defending the ones who corrupt the truth! We need people in your position of education to flip the script, not uphold some Bs your professor told you is the gospel!! Smarten up!

it is true....salt has a much lower LD50 than roundup...IIRC, agent orange was basically roundup with dioxins in it...

Quote Originally Posted by KootenayKiller View Post
    Glyphosate, the active ingredient in many herbicides like Roundup, is generally considered to have lower toxicity to humans compared to many other herbicides. Specifically, glyphosate exhibits lower acute toxicity than 94% of all herbicides and has lower chronic toxicity than 90% of all herbicides. Acute toxicity refers to the risk associated with a single exposure, while chronic toxicity involves long-term exposure risks. Glyphosate's structure—a linear carbon chain—differs from most herbicides, which are based on aromatic ring structures, leading to lesser persistence in the environment. Its use, particularly in crops genetically modified to resist it, has increased its exposure risk to applicators. However, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has concluded that the general public and non-applicators have a low potential for exposure to biologically relevant doses. Glyphosate binds tightly to soil particles, preventing it from leaching into groundwater, but its residues can occur in food products, especially if used close to the harvesting period​.

The references below provide a comprehensive overview of the current scientific understanding of glyphosate's toxicity, comparing it with other herbicides, and its implications for human health and the environment. Sorry, you'll have to put your thinking cap on as I don't have a good reference in YouTube format to spoon feed you with.

- Glyphosate vs. Glyphosate-Based Herbicides Exposure: A Review on Their Toxicity: This review article provides an overview of the toxicity of glyphosate, its metabolite AMPA (aminomethylphosphonic acid), and glyphosate-based herbicides, evaluated in various experimental models​​.

- Terrestrial ecotoxicity of glyphosate, its formulations, and co-formulants: This study discusses the environmental impact and toxicity of glyphosate, its formulations, and co-formulants. It highlights the importance of considering both active ingredients and co-formulants in evaluating the environmental risk of herbicides​​.

- Toxic Effects of Glyphosate on the Nervous System: A Systematic Review: This systematic review examines the potential toxic effects of glyphosate on the nervous system, contributing to the understanding of its health impacts compared to other herbicides​​.

- Safety evaluation and risk assessment of the herbicide Roundup and its active ingredient, glyphosate, for humans: This publication by Williams GM et al., in Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, evaluates the safety and risk of glyphosate and its formulations for human health​​.

- Concerns over use of glyphosate-based herbicides and risks associated with exposures: a consensus statement: This consensus statement by Myers JP et al., published in Environmental Health, discusses the concerns and risks associated with the use of glyphosate-based herbicides​​.

- Controversies over human health and ecological impacts of glyphosate: Is it to be banned in modern agriculture?: This review article by Meftaul IM et al. in Environmental Pollution discusses the controversies surrounding the impact of glyphosate on human health and the environment, and whether it should be banned in modern agriculture​​.

Quote Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
    As for the amounts that are sprayed on the forests designated for logging we are talking tons of glyphosate being applied each Spring by the logging companies. They have fleets of helicopters designated for this job.

To be fair, glyphosate isn’t sprayed on “forests”. It’s sprayed on plantations after they have reached a certain height after planting (years after) and a season or two before applying for free growing status with the government. It reduces crop tree competition. It’s an expensive process and not money spent willy nilly.

Additional to that, it isn’t “fleets of helicopters owned by logging companies”. A couple of helicopter companies in the province own the equipment to spray with and are contracted to do it by multiple licensees.

Quote Originally Posted by Sananda View Post
    With all due respect, your Masters and Bachelors degree is just a state sanctioned stamp of approval that you will continue to uphold the bs, the lies and the fraud at a professional level feeding your ego and higher education complex which by now if you haven’t realized is based on regurgitating what you are told and anything that strays from the “narrative” is dis/misinformation...come on brother, use that critical thinking and put it to good use and stop defending the ones who corrupt the truth! We need people in your position of education to flip the script, not uphold some Bs your professor told you is the gospel!! Smarten up!
    That is mint! Wisdom and knowledge are not one and the same. Kind regards.

Fire them ALL!

Sanada & Husky, you are really brainwashed by your 'alternative' news sources. Sure, corruption and lobbying happens, but if you think that all of the world's scientists are part of some giant conspiracy, you should give your head a shake. You don't have too many brain cells to lose so no worries. Topics such as this have been studied by hundreds of independent research groups without affiliation to Bayer. How is it that they all arrive at the same conclusion? The answer is that their observations are grounded in reality and that your sources of information are trash.

You do a good job of demonstrating how poor your reading comprehension is, when you point towards eutrophication form degraded glyphosate as evidence of its toxicology - its literally not glyphosate anymore at this point. Anything with phosphorous in it will contribute to eutrophication, including fertilizer, or just about any organic material that finds its way into a river. Does that mean that fertilizer, leaves, insects are also causing cancer and turning frogs gay? People like you give a bad look to the hunting community, between your low intellect, overconfident opinions in matters you are uneducated on, and your need to spew trump-like political ideology when it is completely irrelevant. You are a plain old moron Husky lol. I've really enjoyed your ramblings though, quite funny. They are so dumb I almost think you must be trolling.
    Last edited by KootenayKiller; 02-15-2024 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    it is true....salt has a much lower LD50 than roundup...IIRC, agent orange was basically roundup with dioxins in it...
    I wonder how many minutes it will take husky to understand what you are saying. I can just imagine the panic when he realizes, looking back on all the table salt he has consumed.
    Last edited by KootenayKiller; 02-15-2024 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KootenayKiller View Post
    Sanada & Husky, you are really brainwashed by your 'alternative' news sources. Sure, corruption and lobbying happens, but if you think that all of the world's scientists are part of some giant conspiracy, you should give your head a shake. You don't have too many brain cells to lose so no worries. Topics such as this have been studied by hundreds of independent research groups without affiliation to Bayer. How is it that they all arrive at the same conclusion? The answer is that their observations are grounded in reality and that your sources of information are trash.

You do a good job of demonstrating how poor your reading comprehension is, when you point towards eutrophication form degraded glyphosate as evidence of its toxicology - its literally not glyphosate anymore at this point. Anything with phosphorous in it will contribute to eutrophication, including fertilizer, or just about any organic material that finds its way into a river. Does that mean that fertilizer, leaves, insects are also causing cancer and turning frogs gay? People like you give a bad look to the hunting community, between your low intellect, overconfident opinions in matters you are uneducated on, and your need to spew trump-like political ideology when it is completely irrelevant. You are a plain old moron Husky lol. I've really enjoyed your ramblings though, quite funny. They are so dumb I almost think you must be trolling.

I am not going to read your brainwashed pompous drivel. You are a perfect example of what has gone wrong with the education system and society. The last laugh will be had by the observant and awake, the world is going to change weather you like it or not. Happy boo$ting, you pompous little brainwash koolaid drinking shill. Drink up, oh and sorry about your little member.
    Last edited by Husky7mm; 02-15-2024 at 01:50 PM.

Fire them ALL!