Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Class action Against Bayer for Making Roundup

Class action Against Bayer for Making Roundup

This lawsuit
    which has been filed against Bayer in Ontario alleges that glyphosates in Roundup causes Cancer. If the people filing the lawsuit win, the fallout could be substantial. Glyphosates are heavily used by logging companies to kill off ground cover and competing trees in BC by forestry companies. In Canada who will pay for the cleanup and compensation to individuals affected by glyphosates. This product is already banned in the U.S .

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Class action Against Bayer for Making Roundup

A modern day agent orange
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
    This lawsuit
    which has been filed against Bayer in Ontario alleges that glyphosates in Roundup causes Cancer. If the people filing the lawsuit win, the fallout could be substantial. Glyphosates are heavily used by logging companies to kill off ground cover and competing trees in BC by forestry companies. In Canada who will pay for the cleanup and compensation to individuals affected by glyphosates. This product is already banned in the U.S .

That is awesome. It is terrible stuff and so much more, it ruins peoples health, soil, animal health and water bodies an water ways. It’s celates minerals, and works like an antibiotic and kills your mico biome. It on pretty much everything we eat, and what we eat , eats.
    The natives here in Alberta are suing the Alberta government over its use in logging blocks.

I am very doubtful it is banned in the USA, that is probably where it is used the most.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Glyphosate is not that bad if you look into it, compared with other pesticides. The biggest issue with glyphosate is its overuse, that results in so-called 'super-weeds' which are glyphosate resistant. Similar to how overuse of antibiotics is creating antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

Also Bayer/Monsanto is a predatory companies that will sue farmers into oblivion who chose not to purchase their 'Round-up Ready' seeds. They do this by claiming that they own the harvested crops these farmers produce, since the plants become pollinated by the pollen from "round-up ready' crops in neighboring fields - something the farmers have no control over. Thus the seeds contain the genetics that they own, even though the farmer didn't plant them. It is a bully tactic and they have successfully bankrupted many farmers that couldn't afford the legal battles, and forcing others to buy their seed to avoid being sued.

I hope they lose the lawsuit. Not because I think glyphosate is super harmful, but because Bayer is a gutless and evil corporation. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Last edited by KootenayKiller; 01-19-2024 at 06:20 PM.

Yes. overuse. It's used on wheatfields to dry out the wheat. And, corn is 'round up' ready - they don't have to till the fields - they just spray roundup over the corn. It kills the weeds but not the roundup ready corn.

It's a great product - but it's unbelievable how is used.

Quote Originally Posted by KootenayKiller View Post
    Glyphosate is not that bad if you look into it, compared with other pesticides. The biggest issue with glyphosate is its overuse, that results in so-called 'super-weeds' which are glyphosate resistant. Similar to how overuse of antibiotics is creating antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

Also Bayer/Monsanto is a predatory companies that will sue farmers into oblivion who chose not to purchase their 'Round-up Ready' seeds. They do this by claiming that they own the harvested crops these farmers produce, since the plants become pollinated by the pollen from "round-up ready' crops in neighboring fields - something the farmers have no control over. Thus the seeds contain the genetics that they own, even though the farmer didn't plant them. It is a bully tactic and they have successfully bankrupted many farmers that couldn't afford the legal battles, and forcing others to buy their seed to avoid being sued.

I hope they lose the lawsuit. Not because I think glyphosate is super harmful, but because Bayer is a gutless and evil corporation. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

No, not a good product at all, if you think that you’re only reading bias studies. Dr Seneff is from MIT

Why Sulfate Deficiency Occurs With Glyphosate - Stephanie Seneff, PhD

https://youtu.be/tKYAJua20Uw?si=UkXQcKPHiaAGt7j0

Deuterium, Mitochondrial
    Impairment And Cancer: A Role For Glyphosate - Stephanie Seneff, Ph.D.

https://youtu.be/uyQ5lryYuT0?si=pmTWq6TFor6VTvy4

Iirc something like 40000 plus cases of lawsuits waiting to go to trial against the producers of glyphosate. I did not double check that, so if it’s wrong I apologize. It definitely causes cancer, they have already lost cases against them for that.
    Last edited by Husky7mm; 01-19-2024 at 09:29 PM.

Fire them ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    No, not a good product at all, if you think that you’re only reading bias studies. Dr Seneff is from MIT

Why Sulfate Deficiency Occurs With Glyphosate - Stephanie Seneff, PhD

https://youtu.be/tKYAJua20Uw?si=UkXQcKPHiaAGt7j0

Deuterium, Mitochondrial
    Impairment And Cancer: A Role For Glyphosate - Stephanie Seneff, Ph.D.

https://youtu.be/uyQ5lryYuT0?si=pmTWq6TFor6VTvy4
    I wouldn't drink the stuff and understand that it can be harmful, but other widely used pesticides are far worse for human health. Relatively to the alternatives, its quite benign. For example, neonicotinoids are widely used and research shows that it measurably reduces the IQ of the average Canadian by 1-2 points, by attacking the nervous system. There are countless examples of products that are worse than glyphosate.

I didn't say that I think it is a 'good' product - I am opposed to it. While it is effective for weed suppression, it is a recipe for disaster because it promotes mass monoculture and overuse of a singular herbicide. This results in agroecosystem instability. In simple terms, if everyone is growing the same plants the same way, all it takes is for one disease/pest that is capable of thriving in that environment for it to all come crashing down. The potato famine in Ireland is an example of how agricultural production can collapse when you do this sort of thing.

The reason you see so many lawsuits is partly a product of how widely used it is. The number of lawsuits doesn't correlate linearly with the toxicity of the compound...

I am speaking from an educated position, having a Master's and a Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Science specifically... You are referencing Youtube videos and somebody who has no formal training in this field. I'm sure she is very intelligent, but having a PhD does not give authority on subjects outside the area of expertise. I wouldn't go throwing my credentials around when discussing computer science LOL.
    "Seneff attended (MIT), earning her Bachelor of Science (BS) in biophysics in 1968, master's (MS) and engineering (E.E.) degrees in electrical engineering in 1980, and a doctoral degree (PhD) in computer science and electrical engineering in 1985."
    Last edited by KootenayKiller; 01-19-2024 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KootenayKiller View Post
    I wouldn't drink the stuff and understand that it can be harmful, but other widely used pesticides are far worse for human health. Relatively to the alternatives, its quite benign. For example, neonicotinoids are widely used and research shows that it measurably reduces the IQ of the average Canadian by 1-2 points, by attacking the nervous system. There are countless examples of products that are worse than glyphosate.

I didn't say that I think it is a 'good' product - I am opposed to it. While it is effective for weed suppression, it is a recipe for disaster because it promotes mass monoculture and overuse of a singular herbicide. This results in agroecosystem instability. In simple terms, if everyone is growing the same plants the same way, all it takes is for one disease/pest that is capable of thriving in that environment for it to all come crashing down. The potato famine in Ireland is an example of how agricultural production can collapse when you do this sort of thing.

The reason you see so many lawsuits is partly a product of how widely used it is. The number of lawsuits doesn't correlate linearly with the toxicity of the compound...

I am speaking from an educated position, having a Master's and a Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Science specifically... You are referencing Youtube videos and somebody who has no formal training in this field. I'm sure she is very intelligent, but having a PhD does not give authority on subjects outside the area of expertise. I wouldn't go throwing my credentials around when discussing computer science LOL.
    "Seneff attended (MIT), earning her Bachelor of Science (BS) in biophysics in 1968, master's (MS) and engineering (E.E.) degrees in electrical engineering in 1980, and a doctoral degree (PhD) in computer science and electrical engineering in 1985."

Sorry man, you are a product of the school of mass instruction. You try and apply garbage in and you get garbage out. They taught you things and you memorize them. Any well educated person can read all the same literature and decipher if the article has merit, represents the actual truth, or is gamed. The last 4 years it’s been really hard for the educated professionals to except the corruption of the system. It’s just a dog and phoney show and the $$$ is the religion. It’s very Pompous to believe that because you went through the system and got a masters that you are the end all be all of learning and expanding on any of it. I’m sure this will not find favour with you, and most likely you take offence, but it doesn’t take very long to look at both sides and see where the lies come from.
    Glyphosate is terrible in many ways and it will be evident in very short order. Anyone that vouches for it should drink it, “you could drink the stuff” is actually thrown around all the time by the brainwashed. I got too much going on to invest time on this one. It’s great to have an education but never stop learning.

Fire them ALL!

Sorry man, you are a product of the school of mass instruction. You try and apply garbage in and you get garbage out. They taught you things and you memorize them. Any well educated person can read all the same literature and decipher if the article has merit, represents the actual truth, or is gamed. The last 4 years it’s been really hard for the educated professionals to except the corruption of the system. It’s just a dog and phoney show and the $$$ is the religion. It’s very Pompous to believe that because you went through the system and got a masters that you are the end all be all of learning and expanding on any of it. I’m sure this will not find favour with you, and most likely you take offence, but it doesn’t take very long to look at both sides and see where the lies come from.
    Glyphosate is terrible in many ways and it will be evident in very short order. Anyone that vouches for it should drink it, “you could drink the stuff” is actually thrown around all the time by the brainwashed. I got too much going on to invest time on this one. It’s great to have an education but never stop learning.
    I forgive you ignorance, knowing you might have potential but simply don't know how to source reliable information.

I am advocating against it buddy, like yourself. I'm simply pointing out that pretty much all pesticides are harmful to human health, and that most alternatives are even worse. I acknowledge it can potentially be harmful to human health, hence why I said that I would not drink it... Next time try not to get your panties in a knot when someone corrects you on a trivial detail. And if you're this concerned, you should start eating all organic because glyphosate is the least of your worries.
    Last edited by KootenayKiller; 01-19-2024 at 11:04 PM.

So Husky what your saying is if i had a phd in evolutionary psychology "from the school of mass instruction " "Garbage in Garbage out" i wouldn't be able to offer an opinion of your state of mind? its an easy diagnosis