Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawson creek cow elks.

Dawson creek cow elks.

Don't know if the cow elk season is still on for some but there's a flock of those tasty elk rodents on the south side of the hart highway 5 miles or so west of town. Gonna figure 150 head or so.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Dawson creek cow elks.

i have a draw... trying to find time to get up there

I have a contact in that area that when it snows and gets COLD the elk home in on the hay set aside for the dairy cows.got a cow there...no silly...cow ELK...
    IF your looking for a ranch to access elk...cow elk send me a phone number and I will call with phone number contact of owner and address...AND information

cheers
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterTV View Post
    i have a draw... trying to find time to get up there
    Unsure if the landowner gives permission but you never know unless you ask.

If I was a First Nations hunter or a poacher, I'd follow this forum just for threads like this one.

I was taught to keep my mouth quiet as to where the animals are, and can't imagine posting an advertisement in the newspaper telling Everyone, EVERYONE, where they are.

Is this an Ego thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    If I was a First Nations hunter or a poacher, I'd follow this forum just for threads like this one.

I was taught to keep my mouth quiet as to where the animals are, and can't imagine posting an advertisement in the newspaper telling Everyone, EVERYONE, where they are.

Is this an Ego thing?
    Maybe you're just a selfish asshole and I will bet you've never had to fix fence after a herd of 100 plus goes through.
    Last edited by Norwestalta; 01-18-2024 at 01:13 PM.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Is this an Ego thing?
    huh? Not sure how this promotes anything but sportsmanship? It’s no secret where the elk are in the Peace!! This is a local, sharing info with his fellow sportsmen, that we’re fourtunate enough to draw a LEH. Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Yeah I don’t think poachers or FN, need to know where elk are in the peace. They’re everywhere. No secret the whole region is crawling with game. Though this may narrow down a area someone with the 720 tag can start asking permission

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Maybe you're just a selfish asshole and I will bet you've never had to fix fence after a herd of 100 plus goes through.
    Your language just confirms a childish mentality. Grow up.

OK. you posted this to save the fences....
    Would you prefer that there are no Elk to damage fences,
    or just happy to have the Elk wreck the neighbors fence when driven off by gunfire?
    A panicked herd is the one most likely to damage fences.
    If these Elk need to be driven off, You could have easily passed the information on to those that could help without posting it as you did, like your father and grandfather did.

Your response shows that your thread is Ego driven.

Your language just confirms a childish mentality. Grow up.

OK. you posted this to save the fences....
    Would you prefer that there are no Elk to damage fences,
    or just happy to have the Elk wreck the neighbors fence when driven off by gunfire?
    A panicked herd is the one most likely to damage fences.
    If these Elk need to be driven off, You could have easily passed the information on to those that could help without posting it as you did, like your father and grandfather did.

Your response shows that your thread is Ego driven.
    Lol. Ego? Because I see elk on my drive home? Maybe just maybe I would like someone to be successful. Yes you are a selfish asshole for not wishing the same and you're more then welcome to come fix fence.