Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First Billy!

Re: First Billy!

Congratulations on your first Billy. You never forget your first one, I know I haven't and it was back in 1969. Didn't even own a camera so no pictures just great memories.

Absolutely amazing write-up and pics. Thank you so much for taking us along for the ride!

Enjoyed that write up and congrats on a very nice billy/cape! One of the better photos I’ve seen.
    I’m sure you’ve got the bug now!!!
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

great post, tfs, thanks for a little 'mountain time' over coffee this morning
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! I will definitely post more stories in the future!

Congrats on your first Billy!!!!! Nothing better than spending time in the mountains, and successfully harvesting a goat is something to be very proud of. I can feel the heavy pack while reading the tale. Really appreciate the story - helps with the PHD (post hunting depression) this time of year

Beautiful photos and a great animal - well done. Nothing beats mountain adventures!

wow...what a trip...incredible story of how hard work positive attitude and luck can all come together when you just get out there and try...thanks for the great story

ps...on my one and only successful goat hunt we only had wolves howling all around us as we couldn't get out before dark...one guy of the 3 of us was too freaked out by the heights and goat trails that he went back before we got the goat...after he was gone we realized he had all the food except a brick of cheddar and a handful of Halloween chocolate bars...we had all the meat spread out o the small tarp right beside us so it wasn't a very restful sleep...heheheh
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 01-26-2024 at 09:38 PM.