Thread: Hells Canyon Chukar

Hells Canyon Chukar

My BC bird season is done so I'm packing up the truck and the pooch (english pointer) and I are heading south. First stop is the Idaho side of Snake River before moving onto Nebraska and Kansas pheasants. I only have a couple of days in Hells Canyon so have been e-scouting areas similar to where I run into local chukar but the area is huge and it's a little intimidating. Anyone been down that way? Given the temps, I assume I'll be looking at lower elevations closer to river but would love some opinions on that. From what I'm seeing on the contours, the land flattens a bit as it approaches the water which is the opposite from what I'm hunting locally.

The ground seems a little more forgiving for dog pads but I'm thinking booties are still in order.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hells Canyon Chukar

Post pics when you're back or everyone will think you never left your bedroom.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Have been hunting Hells Canyon since 2013. Don't need boots for your dog there, just good legs, for you too! Yes, some section are steep. Brownlee Dam not too steep...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8518 - Copy2.jpg   IMG_8475.copy2.jpg  

Any up dates? Was looking forward to a few pictures!