Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best < $500 Rifle Scope

Re: Best < $500 Rifle Scope

I read some mixed reviews on the freedom

in regards to features. Just a good clear scope with good magnification, great warranty and just a overall good scope

I have the "3" Riton Primal 1 scopes I'm real happy with sub $500. You could step up to the X3 $950 at CT are cheaper elsewhere on line

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/r...1_rr&rrec=true

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/r...1_rr&rrec=true
    Last edited by FishandSticks; 11-30-2023 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    I read some mixed reviews on the freedom

in regards to features. Just a good clear scope with good magnification, great warranty and just a overall good scope
    Love the "great warranty" requirement. Great warranty just means poor product.

Not always. Leupolds have a great warranty and so do other higher end brands

Even when it’s translated to other outdoor items. I have ran over sage fishing rods by mistake and got a new one… imo it’s a good feature

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    Not always. Leupolds have a great warranty and so do other higher end brands

Even when it’s translated to other outdoor items. I have ran over sage fishing rods by mistake and got a new one… imo it’s a good feature
    Leupold and the other high end brands will warranty any workmanship issues for the life of the scope. None of them have the "Vortex" warranty that vortex users love. Vortex warranty only guarantees your getting a sub par product. Replacements are built into their price scheme.

I have been happy with my Vortex Diamondback. It's on my 7mm 08 bush gun and its been great. Lots of abuse and rough hiking, some quading, snowmobiling with it and it's always bang on when I puta few down the pipe to check it. I had it replaced once with no questions. The warranty centre said I overtightened the rings and damaged the scope. That was 7? years ago and its been great ever since. $400 or so with tax iirc.

Get an vx-3hd You just missed the price of $651.99 on them

Bushnell and Athlon have a lifetime transferable warranty
    Have never used the service from either
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

When someone talks about how great the warranty is, understand that is not a good point. That is a warning. If he needed the warranty, the scope screwed up. It's only annoying at the range, on a hunt, the guy will swear off that brand, Forever. Never put a new scope on a new rifle , you won't know which one is at fault for those lousy groups. I've done that mistake, cost me a minor fortune in reloading components until I switched scopes . That Leupold , after repairs, came back OK. I try to have a spare working scope.

I'm fond of Bushnell, their 4000 series were tanks, and weighted like tanks,too. However, I picked up 1.5x6 used that came off a 375 H&H that I had to send in. But that is almost understandable.

I use Leupolds and Bushnells. I have a couple of Japanese Weavers on .22s as well. Bushnells in Canada are a good deal, about the same price as the States. Leupolds are Not. There was a large difference in price making smuggling them out of the States tempting. Of course you should not do that. Beside you may have questions with warranty.

I've used warranty on both Bushnell and Leupold. Leupold was three weeks where as Bushnell was three months.