Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muller H2O Decoy Choke tube

Re: Muller H2O Decoy Choke tube

Thanks for the report. I would love to see your Shotkam footage as well.

Thanks for posting this , I reviewed the video and it swayed me to look at the non-ported kind.

I'm a little late posting this but better late than never. This hunt took place on the 30 November 2023. I shot a limit of 6 drake widgeon and two drake mallard. I was pleasantly shocked at how clean these birds turned out, starting to like and get the hang of the new choke. Here are the results after plucking and inspecting the birds.

Mallard #1 had 1 pellet through the neck and 3 pellets entered through the left armpit and one came out the right shoulder.

Mallard #2 had a broken left wing at the elbow and two pellets in the left top chest/shoulder area.

Widgeon #1 had one pellet in the neck and 3 pellets in the back and one in the arse.

Widgeon #2 had one pellet pellet behind the wing on the back

Widgeon #3 had a broken left wing between the armpit and elbow, two pellets lower left chest, one pellet between the armpit and thigh. One pellet in the abdomen.

Widgeon #4 had a pellet in the neck, one between the shoulder blades, another on the back just behind the leg and a broken left wing.

Widgeon #5 had one Pellet in the head, one in the upper neck, and another between the shoulder blades.

Widgeon #6 had one pellet in the back, one in the right leg and two in the neck.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Hi Mark I have been using a muller passing choke for years, I use it for everything in my benelli legacy. Ducks, geese, sport clays, trap, Its in the barrel all the time and never have to change it.
    It dose throw beautiful patterns. Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by webley View Post
    Hi Mark I have been using a muller passing choke for years, I use it for everything in my benelli legacy. Ducks, geese, sport clays, trap, Its in the barrel all the time and never have to change it.
    It dose throw beautiful patterns. Steve!
    I'll have to throw some patterns on paper on the off season to see how it's performing with duck and goose loads but the results are promising so far. Might even pick up the Mueller UFO for those geese that want to play just outside the 30 yards mark with the educated birds.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

I’ve heard good things about the Muller choke.
    Here’s a link to a Youtube where chokes are tested.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oSV9iY...ature=youtu.be
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Did a patterning several years ago with my partner using different 3" duck loads #2 from 4 manufacturers .Identical guns A 400 Berettas. he had a patternmaster I had the factory beretta mod choke.All shots from identical Yardages was quite astounding truly. The Patternmaster he had put great groups together on the Winchester and Kents.The patterns with the Remington were poor and the federals were as bad.My factory choke worked great with the Kents and the Federals but was poor with both the Winchesters (dry lock) and the Remingtons.I would definitely try the loads on a patterning board ,my renegauge does not pattern well with these new Browning wicked wing but throughs a great pattern with the Score 1 1/8 .factory choke My .02 D