Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fermented Sausage

Re: Fermented Sausage

So I jumped on the band wagon… I found this chunk of strip loin for 7 or 8 dollars a pound and ordered a set of umai bags from Amazon that showed up in a day or two.

Here we go.

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

My pics aren’t showing up

Last edited by Bustercluck; 12-16-2023 at 04:53 PM.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I used imgur and it worked
    Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    My pics aren’t showing up

Huge pictures Bustercluck... you should edit the size smaller for those with slower devices/computers.
    I am away April 27, 28, 29 and unable to respond to PM's
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Quote Originally Posted by guntech View Post
    Huge pictures Bustercluck... you should edit the size smaller for those with slower devices/computers.
    I think it’s the image hosting site I use. They weren’t slow to load when I used imgur, but imgur doesn’t work for me anymore. I’m using imgbox

Now I have lots of pics showing up. Lol

Free meat recipes:

http://lpoli.50webs.com/

I had DL Stuffers recipe book years ago before they took it offline but I don't know where the pdf went. I printed a copy.

Saltyourmeat.com is handy.

I'd never heard of umai before this post and got inspired as well. I picked up a couple pork picnics at save on on sale, picked up supplies at stuffers in langley, a fair bit more cost effective than amazon with the mondo start starter culture and did some salami following their recipe and guidelines. After 72 hours in the oven over a pan of water it already smells great! Into the fridge and now the waiting game begins. I always wanted to do dry sausages but didnt have the motivation to create a proper humidity/heated drying chamber, although it doesn't seem too hard, but life is busy. My only disappointment was that you cant use pre ground meat as I have a lot of moose ground, but it makes sense that you can't once I thought about it, so my first one is all pork. I've since joined a facebook homemade sausage group and have picked up little tid bits of info as well. Thanks for the post!
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

I thought I’d share another photo of the progress as this thing moves along. The directions say not to touch it or move it

Day 11 and it sounds like a piece of wood when I knock on it. It’s going to be tough waiting another 20-30 days for this thing to finish.