Thread: Finally will do some duck geese hunting

Finally will do some duck geese hunting

Just came back from my long vacation from Hiroshima Japan and Seoul Korea. Be heading out tomorrow to do some mallard and geese hunting on relative farm. Will post some pictures and short story.
    "Nothing kills a Deere faster than Magnum .....CaseIH."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Finally will do some duck geese hunting

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20231117_123529.jpg   20231117_082512.jpg  

Headed out to field this morning around 8:00 I only setup 13 duck decoys and 2 robo ducks. There was thin layer of ice and pond was very small. Oh well, nothing I can do about lack of water. My intention this morning is to shoot all greenheads. I had 2 single hen mallards came back to take a look of spread but I hold off shooting them. I kind regarded because nothing happen for about 20 minutes or so. Then out corner of my eyes I caught fly by green head buzzing by the decoys. I got him on first shot. Then another one came back and got him 1 shot too. The greenhead were more wary than the hen mallards as usual. The shot was up to 35-42 yards about same distance as my decoys.By end hunted before noon I let 9 hen mallards lived, 2 hen pintail and 2 pair widgeon get to lived another day. I ended getting 8 greenhead.

I am using my late dad 20 year Benelli Black Eagle 12 ga. I love using Kents Fast Steel no# 2 1560 fps 3" shell.

I can't figured out how to make photo larger. I did before but this time it didn't work. If somebody help me post it larger I be grateful. I might take you out for duck hunt before Christmas. I got lots duck hunting buddies going on holidays and I got room in my roof cover duck blind with propane heater. Getting soft for my old age.

Way to go Sako75 and good on you for holding out for the drakes. Your day would have been a lot shorter had you shot all those hens anyways and part of duck hunting it just getting out of the house! I believe there is a thread under the pug and glitch section on how to post pictures in your gallery and attach them into a thread.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

bandit is offline Passionate pointer parent

Glad you saved some wigeons for other hunters! I know a couple of folk who love shooting teal and wigeon. They say they are much smaller target and harder to hit.

Congrats !

Just save the size that you want (you may have to resize -ie 1200 or 900 pix wide - under 75 mb i think ) to your gallery on this site, Then go to gallery right click and paste it in your post.
    Last edited by FishandSticks; 12-12-2023 at 10:19 AM.

Had 2 regular hunting buddies and new hunter joined our group this past Saturday for morning hunt in sheet snow shower. Used just 2 lucky duck (mojo) and 2 set of decoys about 23 ducks. First thing I asked the hunters what kind of ducks do you want to shoot. One friend said teals. He love teals. The other wanted mostly mallards. That fine. I didn't really shoot and did most of calling and I just watch the young hunters do shooting. I told them I am too cheap to shoot as joke. I shot quite few wounded mallards as they were guiding towards the ditch and shot at some big flocks of mallards. We started around 8:30 a.m and finished shooting around noon. We got our limit of 32 ducks mostly mallards. The hunters had great time. I sure enjoyed the time I spend with them. Told the friends we need to control Avian Influenza.

Next day, Sunday had another friend hunted with me. Light showers that morning. I told him we are going to shoot nothing but mallards prefer greenheads. He agree. Well, he broke that promised because he shot some hen mallards, 2 widgeon and hen pintail. I shot 8 greenheads. I kept my end of the bargain. Overall, it was another good weekend. Had hundred of Canada geese flew over our duck blind. They must read the hunting regulation. We started around 8:30 a.m and finished around 10:45 a.m.

Wow ! I've barely shot 23 ducks all season.