Thread: question about scopes

question about scopes

ok, so sold off some gear and have a little extra loot kicking around and want to upgrade to a better scope to sit on my 270 wsm.. 1500 max budget not including ring, ,was thinking swaro, nightforce ( there are a few out there on sale) or maybe huskemaw( dont know much about them ), the high dollar level is fixed and firm, i do not want to sleep in my truck,

i`m used to vortex and leupold but looking to explore higher end level scopes theses days, my eyes just arent what they used to be lol

2. Site Sponsor

Re: question about scopes

Huskemaw isn't an upgrade from vx3 and above leupolds. The shv line from nightforce are fairly tough but heavy, z3 swaros have alot of downsides for price, durability and turret travel the biggest two. Leupold vx5 is probably the best bang for buck in that price range you just may need to wait for a sale to get under 1500

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 with zero stop MOA dial, one of the very best hunting long range shooting scopes for the money, tough as nails and excellent optics, V4 6-24x50 is also a very nice scope option.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I would agree the zeiss V4 is probably the best scope for $1500. I must have got the anomoly though as mine lasted about 30 rounds before losing zero. Zeiss is sending me a replacement.
    My Razor lht is holding strong, it is a very nice scope and can be found on the used market for under $1500 once in a while
    Proud member of the fringe minority!

Depends what you want to do with it in the end. How far are your shots? How light do you want go?

Do you need it to have a turret, and how much magnification do you want?

Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 is what I have on my rifle. I think I paid right around $1500