Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Compairing optics in the lower mainland

Compairing optics in the lower mainland

Would anyone in the lower mainland like to get together to compair differnt optics. I'm in the market to buy a new pair from my daughter but What do you like to try different Brands and models as well as maybe different brands in models of spotting scopes.

Get together in a group And multiple people can try different optics to see if they like certain brands.
    Last edited by sako79; 10-23-2023 at 10:48 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Compairing optics in the lower mainland

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    Would anyone in the lower mainland like to get together to compair differnt optics. I'm in the market to buy a new pair from my daughter but What do you like to try different Brands and models as well as maybe different brands in models of spotting scopes.
    why not just hit up a few stores? You would probably get better mileage

Whats your budget?

Check out CARSON binoculars and spotting scopes best bang for your dollar and Ive personally used them and can say i was impressed. 10x42 for around 300.00

Quote Originally Posted by Muledeercrazy2 View Post
    why not just hit up a few stores? You would probably get better mileage
    I have but they dont have optics like Kowa, Maven, Tract or any of the lesser-known brands. Plus if we get a bunch of people together in a group trying different binaculars, we can actually be outside and compare them better.

Quote Originally Posted by madcalfe View Post
    Whats your budget?
    $500 - $700

in that price range vortex vipers. Also might be worth it to wait till black friday and see if vortex razors go on sale
    I personally don't know about the kowa binos but people seem to like their spotters.
    Im guessing Maven would be a little better than Tract
    Minox would be another decent brand to look at

Quote Originally Posted by madcalfe View Post
    in that price range vortex vipers. Also might be worth it to wait till black friday and see if vortex razors go on sale
    I personally don't know about the kowa binos but people seem to like their spotters.
    Im guessing Maven would be a little better than Tract
    Minox would be another decent brand to look at

Any vortex product will probably be the lowest on my binos purchase list. I had the vipers hds and had to send them in multiple times for a warranty so I will not buy them again.. But yes, Black Friday might have some good sales on other brands.

Zeiss Terra ED for $700~
    Burris Signature HD $800~

I have the Zeiss Terra EDs and they have been very good. I also have Leica Geovids so i have relatively high expectations. I tried the Burris binos once and they seemed good. No real way to recommend them.

I think the leupold bx4 is closer to 900, but worth considering. I agree, I wouldn’t touch the vortex. A marketing company with great warranty…

i know there are some good reviews on birding sites, but have never seen a good assessment of how the maven or tract compare. Id be interested in what a group of guys thought comparing them to other well known brands

Does anyone have a pair of Kowa bd II binos in the lower mainland or kowa 553 spotter Who would Like to Let me have a look through them