Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HBC Website not displaying properly via HTTPS due to recent SSL implementation

Re: HBC Website not displaying properly via HTTPS due to recent SSL implementation

Quote Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
    How come i have zilch/nada issues on both Android or PC ? ?
    Depends on the browser you use I think. On my phone it works fine with Edge but both Chrome & the native Samsung internet browser are messed up. Most tablets & phones use a generic browser that may not be compatible, you got lucky I guess.

Re: HBC Website not displaying properly via HTTPS due to recent SSL implementation

Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    Depends on the browser you use I think. On my phone it works fine with Edge but both Chrome & the native Samsung internet browser are messed up. Most tablets & phones use a generic browser that may not be compatible, you got lucky I guess.
    Wouldn't that be the tell that it's the user's device having software issue, and not HBO having issues?
    Last edited by tri777; 12-07-2023 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
    Wouldn't that be the tell that it's the user's device having software issue, and not HBO having issues?
    Partly. The device (hardware) is dependent on software. I had to install the Edge app as an option. The default Samsung browser works fine with other websites. So the combination of outdated vBulletin forum software with incompatible browser software is the issue, not the device hardware. Companies selling hardware like Samsung use 3rd party browsers pre-installed in the device & don't update them as regularly as a software company like Microsoft or Google. A gap between version 4 & 6 in vBulletin is massive. The site owner needs to get with the program..... or not. I never use anything but my computer & Edge browser for HBC so don't much care.
    Last edited by mike31154; 12-07-2023 at 11:24 PM.

Well EDGE updated this morning now it won't load all the background and graphics again, so back to a "NOT Secure" google

Not secure Edge working on my Windows notebook just fine.

This is stupid. It works on my PC but not my phone and I wish it was fixed cause I browse a lot on my phone ffs.
    Just a conspiracy bro!

Not secure Edge working on my Windows notebook just fine.
    Ok haha, Edge just updated on my notebook & now it's messed up. Time to eat crow, switched to Chrome & it's good....

Now Chrome is messed up too. If the site owner doesn't update to a secure platform I can see a lot of folks no longer using it, including myself. Once the sponsors see membership is bleeding away, perhaps that will be a catalyst to upgrade. See ya.

Now Chrome is messed up too. If the site owner doesn't update to a secure platform I can see a lot of folks no longer using it, including myself. Once the sponsors see membership is bleeding away, perhaps that will be a catalyst to upgrade. See ya.
    It's your browser.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    It's your browser.
    I agree !
    A poll should be posted on how many are having issues V.S. those not.