Thread: Christian Valley 8-14 Moose LEH

Christian Valley 8-14 Moose LEH

Hey all,
    I was lucky enough to get a moose draw for October in units 8-14 + 8-13 in the Christian Valley. I’ve been up multiple times this October and am beginning to become discouraged. Areas that I scouted in the summer have been dry, and I’ve had trouble finding sign in general.
    I’m not looking for a honey hole, but if anyone has knowledge of the area and could help point me in a good direction I would truly appreciate the help. Feel free to PM me.
    Here’s hoping my luck turns around, because these draws don’t come along often.
    Thank you and good luck to all for the rest of our hunting season!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Christian Valley 8-14 Moose LEH

Find water and red willows.

Just go there and hunt for deer, that's what I am usually doing when I come across a moose. Of course it's always when I don't have a draw!! I have come across them high, low, wet, dry. Just don't try to hard to find one and you may get lucky. See attached photo of a nice bull I blundered upon in the Nevertouch Lake area while deer hunting. Of course the couple of times that I did have a draw I never saw a moose.

We generally see a moose, but always while hunting deer and never with an LEH draw….funny, this whole area was once crawling with moose ,even a GOS