Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's binoculars for my daughter?

Re: What's binoculars for my daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    have her look through the Vortex Viper HD, she will like them!
    Those other ones that I had that failed multiple times the reason I'm not a fan of vortex

Vipers failed? That's surprising. I have a few Viper and Razor products, typically those lineups are pretty bulletproof. The only Viper I ever had fail was a scope after 900 rounds of 50 BMG.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

If I were in your situation, I would be looking hard into the used market. For new, Zeiss Terra, Maven, Leupold BX are good values. Leica Trinivid are a bit out of the price range, but can’t beat them for the price

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Vipers failed? That's surprising. I have a few Viper and Razor products, typically those lineups are pretty bulletproof. The only Viper I ever had fail was a scope after 900 rounds of 50 BMG.
    Yup my viper 10x42 and viper scope failed in sask . I got them back within 8 weeks with brand new items then the binos failed again. Fogged internally with water dropplets and froze

Another vote for the Maven C1s -- Ive been happily impressed by them. Great price point in my opinion.

Got a pair of Athlons 8x42 that punch above their weight

I have some Steiner Predator Extreme that for the price I have been extremely impressed with.

Visions usually has good deals on Nikons. I have some Monarch 5 10x42 that usually go on sale for about $400. I think visions has the HG model for a little over $1k.
    I compared my M5 to a friends Maven 10x50 and I wouldn’t say they were anywhere close to 4x plus the price.

I ended up buying two pair of Bino’s. first pair was a pair of Steiner predator 10 x 42 for my stepson and the second pair was meopta optika 8x42 For my daughter both are excellent glass Made in Europe

Zeiss Terra’s are right in the middle of your price range, they don’t have edge to edge clarity and don’t have the same resolution in both ends of the lighting spectrum but that price for slightly watered down conquest binos can’t go wrong