Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's binoculars for my daughter?

Re: What's binoculars for my daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    have her look through the Vortex Viper HD, she will like them!
    Those other ones that I had that failed multiple times the reason I'm not a fan of vortex

Vipers failed? That's surprising. I have a few Viper and Razor products, typically those lineups are pretty bulletproof. The only Viper I ever had fail was a scope after 900 rounds of 50 BMG.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

If I were in your situation, I would be looking hard into the used market. For new, Zeiss Terra, Maven, Leupold BX are good values. Leica Trinivid are a bit out of the price range, but can’t beat them for the price

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Vipers failed? That's surprising. I have a few Viper and Razor products, typically those lineups are pretty bulletproof. The only Viper I ever had fail was a scope after 900 rounds of 50 BMG.
    Yup my viper 10x42 and viper scope failed in sask . I got them back within 8 weeks with brand new items then the binos failed again. Fogged internally with water dropplets and froze

Another vote for the Maven C1s -- Ive been happily impressed by them. Great price point in my opinion.

Got a pair of Athlons 8x42 that punch above their weight

I have some Steiner Predator Extreme that for the price I have been extremely impressed with.

Visions usually has good deals on Nikons. I have some Monarch 5 10x42 that usually go on sale for about $400. I think visions has the HG model for a little over $1k.
    I compared my M5 to a friends Maven 10x50 and I wouldn’t say they were anywhere close to 4x plus the price.

I ended up buying two pair of Bino’s. first pair was a pair of Steiner predator 10 x 42 for my stepson and the second pair was meopta optika 8x42 For my daughter both are excellent glass Made in Europe