Thread: Tenderizing beef?

Tenderizing beef?

Does anyone have any tips for tenderizing and curing beef? I’m going to try my hand at beef bacon again. The flavour of my previous attempts have been good, but it’s always a bit tough.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tenderizing beef?

You can always beat the hell out of it with a waffle-head Eastwing. I'm an expert at beating meat
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Re: Tenderizing beef?

There used to be/maybe still is a butcher shop in west Salmon Arm that made really good beef bacon/wild game bacon. Guy I worked with and hunted a bit with always had beef bacon made by them. I had some elk bacon made by a butcher shop in Enderby but the guy said he had never tried it before so there were no guarantees. We both agreed that the result was not bacon but turned out like a hind quarter of very good corned beef. I was happy with the end product. All this goes back about 20 years ago. Might be some useful info still out there.