Thread: Bull Moose 8-6 LEH until Oct 31 help

Bull Moose 8-6 LEH until Oct 31 help

Hi,
    I’m heading up to 8-6 this Sunday for a Moose hunt and wondering if anyone has any tips or can send me in the right direction? I went up on the first and didn’t get replies to calls. I saw a few cows and calf’s, lots of tracks and sign, but no bulls. Any help would be appreciated ! Please feel free to dm me if you like. Thank you for any help you can provide.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bull Moose 8-6 LEH until Oct 31 help

Message sent…

I'm no moose expert but, I'd say if you're on fresh sign and seeing moose, it's only a matter of time...I'd sit on the sign or sightings and call like crazy with the wind in your favor...I haven't moose hunted that specific WMU but, I do know moose in R8 will still be calling and rutting this part of Oct, I've seen quite a few bulls paired up with cows this time of year there and I've called a bull in before right in the middle of Oct (back when spike fork GOS was Oct15-Nov15)..I'll also send you a PM for an area in case you do decide to check out new ground...

^^

Would be hanging around where you saw Cows. I called in a bull on Nov 1st a few years ago, in 8-6. Keep at it.

^^^yup, further to that, I observed a cow and a bull talking dirty once (she was going nuts - majorly in 2nd estrous) on Nov 2nd once in R8....

Bulls are definitely on the move up here now.