Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WT antlerless season question

Re: WT antlerless season question

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    Are you certain you can take a doe with fawns? I haven't looked at the regs yet this year but I thought does with fawns were verboten? I passed on a couple last year. Had the scope lined right up at 40 yards and passed because of the yearling that was trailing her. I wasn't worried about the young one surviving as it was plenty big enough. I just thought it was against the rules.
    It's not illegal.

Maybe the wrong place to bring this up, but can some one explain why you are a hero if you kill a 6 month old whitetail deer, but a terrible person if you kill a one and a half year old black bear.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Maybe the wrong place to bring this up, but can some one explain why you are a hero if you kill a 6 month old whitetail deer, but a terrible person if you kill a one and a half year old black bear.
    A black bear has to be 2 years old to be legal. There is nothing wrong with a person cutting their tag on a smaller animal if that's their choice.

I passed on a WT doe, she had a fawn with her. That was my choice and I was ok with it.

I'd take the doe, fawns will be OK. This isn't disney
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Thumbs up Re: WT antlerless season question

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    You have to go with your gut. I passed on a few doe with fawns and many small mulie bucks over the years because of this. Not judging anyone else, just didn't feel right for me.
    Same. Run with what works for you.

Cheers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Right on, good to see the different perspectives on this thread..