Thread: Grouse hunting 4x3

Grouse hunting 4x3

Good evening fellas. Hope there is some succes going on out there. We have been out almost every weekend so far and have been seeing a ton of grouse, but deer have been hard to come by. I went out yesterday before dawn until dark. Put on about 10km walking between spots and didn't see a thing.
    This morning my youngest son asked if we could go grouse hunting. We left the house just after 8. Went up to a spot that I've wanted to check out. As we were pulling down into the end of the cut block he says to me that the road a picked is no good as we haven't seen any grouse yet. Next thing you know, a deer is standing in the road staring at us. I get out a a quick check shows it's a buck. I put one in the chamber and pull the trigger. The buck drops in its tracks, just off the side of the road. A little celebration, as it's my first deer with my son, then we get to work.
    Not much of a story, but a day I'll never forget.
    If anyone wants to post a pic for me let me know and I can send on over.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Grouse hunting 4x3

Congratulations!

Jmazu's Buck:
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Well done! Congrats!
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

sorry you didn't get any grouse
    forever noob

‘Not much of a story?’ Any time you are out with your kid it’s a HUGE story that he’ll never forget

Awesome!

Never turn down a lucky buck... the next one will be much harder to come by.

Love to see the youngsters getting out there.
    The Pharmaceutical Industry is just as interested in World Health as the Arms Industry is in World Peace.

"We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one." -Confucius

It was funny, about 1/2 way through field dressing the buck, he asked if we would still be able to hunt for grouse on the way out. Unfortunately we only saw 1 and he was already flying into the brush and we could not relocate it.

Nice Buck, congrats and good for getting the boy out there with ya!!

an awesome day, congrats!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004