Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Light truck tires

Re: Light truck tires

Quote Originally Posted by Roboduck View Post
    How are they for wear? I have heard they are fairly soft. I’m worried a 8000lb truck will destroy them the first summer.
    I've been running them on a 95 Suburban packed with tools so probably hitting the scales a little of 5000 maybe 5500 with a full 160 litres in the tank. Daily driver the last 3 years and tires were put on about 6 years ago. Not a ton of driving first 3 years other than back and forth from the Kamloops to FSJ a few times a year.
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

Said it before, I ton F350, 90,000 kms and still 15% left, enough said… Toyo RT..strongest tire for sure, haven’t seen one post that matches on 1 ton
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

my experiences,

Toyo open country AT are great. The CT is a better for wear on gravel but not as great in snow.

Duratracs wear quickly.

BF seems to have harder rubber compounds. Tough tire but noisy on pavement and not as good as others in snow.

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    I have the Toyo RT’s in 37” on my diesel with 85,000 kms and still 15% left, just either getting new tires or new truck, put them on when new as well, fantastic tire

Did you ever do the calculation to find out what your 'new' gear ratio is with those 37's ?

I have toyo 35" CT's on my crewcab diesel f350. installed september 15, 2017 They are due for replacement for sure but have about 95-100k on them [ have to look at records to be sure ] I've been happy with them. I chose these over the RT's because they have the mountain/snowflake stamp. I'm considering the falken wildpeak as the new set depending on what I can source etc... I'd buy these again without hesitation. The set before these was toyo AT 3 extreme and they lasted 2-3 years. same truck, same driving habits.

I just looked at my notes. Current Toyo CT’s are at 114884 kms. I couldn’t find the install date for the AT3’s but I’d guess that they lasted 50-60km.
    Last edited by srthomas75; 09-29-2023 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Mileage notes

I have toyo AT3s on my 4Runner and I’m really impressed with them.
    R.I.P BiG Boar

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post

Did you ever do the calculation to find out what your 'new' gear ratio is with those 37's ?
    Mikeage would be 7% higher roughly, I’m stating what’s on the odometer, and they are R/T not A/T just to be clear.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I really like my Falken Wildpeak AT3 for year round daily driving. Proven to me to be the best tire on several trucks. Next set will be Wildpeak again.

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Mileage would be 7% higher roughly, I’m stating what’s on the odometer, and they are R/T not A/T just to be clear.
    Try this using the info from your door sticker or options list.

www.tiresize.com/gear-ratio-calculator/

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Try this using the info from your door sticker or options list.

www.tiresize.com/gear-ratio-calculator/

Thanks I'll check it out!