Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Light truck tires

Re: Light truck tires

I have the Toyo RT’s in 37” on my diesel with 85,000 kms and still 15% left, just either getting new tires or new truck, put them on when new as well, fantastic tire
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I buy tires for my fleet trucks which do mainly highway but plenty of off road utility right of way running. I have tried them all. My latest favorite is the mickey thompson baja boss at. This tire has been proving itself as being very well rounded as far as wear, highway noise, off road ability, snow and being half decent on the ice. Whatever tire you choose, getting them siped makes a great difference in both increased longevity and almost doubles traction! They are pricey though!
    Last edited by swampthing; 09-26-2023 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roboduck View Post
    I’ve been running BFG AT KO2 for years and am on my 3rd set for my truck. They have never done me wrong but I feel like they may be wearing out relatively quickly 2-2.5 years of daily driving.
    Truck is a 1 ton and sees mostly in town driving but I want the mountain/snowflake symbol to keep me legal when I need to reach family that’s in the interior year round.

I feel like I should just get another set of the same old but am oblivious to any better options out there.

Appreciate any opinion you have.
    Im pretty sure the KO2 have the snowflake no?

Ive tried a few different tires on my 1 ton...if you can get 2.5 years on a tire thats a daily driver your doing about as good as you will get. Anything else thats softer you are gonna start replacing once a year. Im pretty sure my last set was the KO2 and I live in the interior and was legal.

You simply can't compare any tire running on a 1/2 ton to a 1 ton. They simply eat tires, 2.5 years is great. I have a fleet of trucks trust me I know.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    Im pretty sure the KO2 have the snowflake no?

Ive tried a few different tires on my 1 ton...if you can get 2.5 years on a tire thats a daily driver your doing about as good as you will get. Anything else thats softer you are gonna start replacing once a year. Im pretty sure my last set was the KO2 and I live in the interior and was legal.

You simply can't compare any tire running on a 1/2 ton to a 1 ton. They simply eat tires, 2.5 years is great. I have a fleet of trucks trust me I know.
    yes They are !

Correct and totally Agree with you ! 3/4-1 ton trucks EAT tires compared to 1/2 tons and mid sized trucks . My Super Duty Diesel is hard on its tires especially the rears - So much torque -power they spin very easy even on dry pavement . All my 1/2 tons would get twice the mileage out of the same type tires . RJ

Cooper discoverer AT3 4S or the discoverer rugged trek. Amazing tires and very durable.

Nokian Rotiiva. I've had on a few trucks. A few other people I know have them as well. Everyone loves them. I've usually had Goodyears on trucks when I buy them. They either wear out fast or have issues (rock cut one open). Someone once said..Goodyears are Good for a Year!

Been running Cooper AT3 xlt on my Duramax. Load range F, so they are durable. Awesome all round tire, snow, gravel, quiet on pavement and wear evenly. The toy hauler weighs just over 16k lbs, tires have held up great pulling all that weight around. I usually cook off rears quick, but these seem to be lasting way better than others I’ve tried. Had duratracs, great traction out of them, but they are the only load range E tire I’ve ever blown a sidewall out on, and it happened twice, so never again.

Trying some Sumitomo Encounter AT's on my 3500 dually. Switching from KO2's which lasted about 2 years. Wish me luck.

On my second set of hankooks dynapro mt on my 8400lb f350. Last ones went about 65000km, hoping these do close to the same.

I had m55s, they were great...until the day they weren't. It was like a light switch going from great traction to crap.

I don't run all terrains anymore, the performance/longevity tradeoff is worth it for me.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Another vote for falken wildpeak at3w. I beat the shit out of mine and they perform amazingly. 35k kms on them so far.