Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Light truck tires

Re: Light truck tires

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    The Toyo Open country’s are a great tire. I beat the piss out of mine in my work truck and they hold up real well. I have put 50,000km on mine this year. 1/4 of those Km’s are coastal bush roads. There’s still 60% tread on them. My treads are a bit chunked out from shotrock roads but I’m extremely happy with them. They are a quiet tire in my opinion as well
    ^^This!!
    These are the 'only' tires that go on my chevy. Not cheap @$1800 for 4, but imo well worth it.

I switched from KO 2’s to Falken AT3’s last year. Excellent so far, especially in snow on the FSR. Much better than the KO’s.

The duratracs are great traction-wise but I think too soft for wear. I’ve had many sets on a few 4x4s but they wear fast. I was going to switch to something else on my half ton this past spring but got a great deal on an almost new set that came with a brand new spare so I guess next set I only have to buy 3 next time. After that I will likely switch to something that lasts longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    The Toyo Open country’s are a great tire. I beat the piss out of mine in my work truck and they hold up real well. I have put 50,000km on mine this year. 1/4 of those Km’s are coastal bush roads. There’s still 60% tread on them. My treads are a bit chunked out from shotrock roads but I’m extremely happy with them. They are a quiet tire in my opinion as well
    Earlier in the year I switched from KO2's to Toyo Open Country AT3. Very happy with them so far. Been in all types of conditions except deep snow. Very happy with them so far, we'll see how they wear.

Another vote for the Toyo Open Country. I just replaced a set of the CT on my 3500 Cummins, 95k on the set. This time around I went with the AT3, I've only got about 15k on these so far but so far so good. I wasn't especially impressed with the wet traction of the CT which is why I went to the AT3 which definitely seems to be a big step up in that department. I don't expect to get the same treadlife with these but by the reviews I've seen they still hold up well.

Quote Originally Posted by Onchy View Post
    I switched from KO 2’s to Falken AT3’s last year. Excellent so far, especially in snow on the FSR. Much better than the KO’s.
    I did the same last year and am very happy with the AT3's. The KO2's did seem to wear quickly and I was not overly impressed. Went with the AT3's and really like them. This is on a Tundra
    No Quarter

My Nokian tires are wearing very well, and a great year round tire.

My wife’s truck( 1/2ton Chevy ) has 96,000km on open country at II’s. Very likely that she could get another 20-25,000km out of them.
    Last edited by j270wsm; 09-25-2023 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidney-hunter View Post
    Goodyear Duratrac. Great in the snow.
    I heard they can have sidewall damage issues.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

My duratracs have worn very fast, very fast!! Will not be buying another set. Also got a slit in the sidewall on 1 tire, didn't penetrate into wire but yeah there are way better tires.

That being said off road traction is pretty good but not worth the wear rate

I beat the right sh!+ out of these tires though every weekend
    Last edited by TheObserver; 09-25-2023 at 11:33 PM.