Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goat Hunt

Goat Hunt

So we got intoxicated and decided to go for goat....Stupid idea ....I am still hurting...
    Pictures ....

https://albums.memento.com/tick48227

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Goat Hunt

That’s a hell’ova goat! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by nuadixion View Post
    So we got intoxicated and decided to go for goat....Stupid idea ....I am still hurting...
    Pictures ....

Wow very nice, congrats!

Great goat! Let us know more of the story when you are not too sore to type!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Nice billy. Well done and great pictures!
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Great goat! Let us know more of the story when you are not too sore to type!
    Last week me and my friend decided to go for a goat (GOS). We took a new young hunter with us as he was very keen to check it out. First evening after making to the base camp I spotted the goat bedded about two k away. As it was to late in the day we left it alone and planned for the attack following morning.We came at very lightly packed ..only necessities and sleeping bags...we slept under the sky. At first light we went at it. The goat was in different/harder to get to spot. I stayed on the look out with the radio as my friend and the kid went out to attack. The kid got to about 250 yds - I told him to keep it in the scope and shoot only if the goat will try to run. My friend creeped through really tough terrain and got to about 70 yds at the same vertical elevation.....at that time the billy was standing broadside looking down towards the kid.I was high-up on the ridge synchronizing the whole thing. My friend shoot the billy through the shoulders; billy turned and took few steps away trying to climb up; paused - then the kid put a bullet right the middle of the spine which anchored the goat. The terrain was horrific ...constant up and down in steep and slippery surfaces....rocks, thorns, bugs etc. Risking our lives on every turn you take. ... but so much fun...and memorable time. By 6 pm we were done with the meat and hide in the packs in the camp.

There's no such thing as an easy goat and that's is a hellva goat. Congrats.

Nice job. Congratulations

Sounds like a great time!

Congrats . . . good mature billy! You’re likely thinking of the next goat hunt already. 😉
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC